News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 18, 2024, 10:20:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Bug  (Read 28289 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 04:25:46 pm »

Are most of the files within your LBA 2 directory set to ReadOnly?  I'm not sure if the attributes copy over to Windows 7.  Going to try it now on Windows 7 x64 since a lot of people seem to be having problems with LBA 2 on it.  I've tested LBA 1 on Windows 7 x64, but not LBA 2.

I'll be posting within an hour with my results. 

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 05:48:47 pm »

I just tried it with Windows 7 x64.  Immediately after installing the game, I launched it and played until I got the car and used it before quitting the game.  The car worked fine, but it only works the first time the game is launched.  Once you exit and relaunch it, you will most likely encounter the issue.

I then ran the game again, and I did encounter the steering problem. Weird, I need to test this on XP again, as I did not have any problems with the car multiple times.

I will look into this.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I will see what it does on my XP machine.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

I've read that the car works perfectly when the game is run under DosBox using the DINPUT.DLL. 

This has motivated me to create a new release coming soon. 

The new release will setup everything to be run through DosBox while still giving users the option to run LBA 1 and 2 in Windows.  It will configure DosBox for you as well so that everytime you launch DosBox, it will run Smiley.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: