News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 01:35:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Bug  (Read 28290 times)
Joullele9

« on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:53 pm »

The car on desert island doesn't steer Sad it's uncontrollable, I have to stop and go backward to turn.
Any ways to fix this bug Huh
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:43:46 pm by earnolmartin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:31:29 am »

The bug is fixed in our custom release.   Grin

maks_pl

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:28:28 am »

I would like to refresh this topic. I've downloaded the installation file just yesterday. I'm sorry but if the installation file has this problem fixed, then it doesn't work ... for me. I have the same problem, I can steer only left and right when going on reverse.

I've done some searching of the internet for this issue and found a solution that contain two files. dinput.dll file and mss32.dll. Checked the readme file, done everything as instructed. The thing is, that after installation i didn't have a file named dinput.dll in the LBA2 directory at all.

Also I was trying to install this version under dosbox. But here, the installation doesn't work. During the installation the system cannot find some files on the CD, and eve if I will copy the missing files and correctly mounting the CDROM drive, LBA still cannot find the CDROM and do not run under DOSbox at all. The carbug is the only one that I have. No problems till now.

Any suggestions  Huh

I'm trying it on my laptop, Windows XP SP2, DX9.0c, integrated Intel graphic card.

PS. I found the dinput.dll file in the "system32" folder. But when searchin on the internet for this file it is written that it is supposed to be in "system" folder. Strange ...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:42:55 am »

maks_pl,

There is no reason why you should be running LBA 2 under DosBox.  Run it under Windows 95, 98, 2000, or XP.  Sounds to me like your installation may be corrupted.  Can you please download and reinstall LBA 2 under windows?  In order for the car to work perfectly, you must COMPLETELY remove any installation of LBA 2 from your computer before installing our version.  DINPUT.DLL patch doesn't work either, and that's why it's not available on our site.

Let me know if that helps, as it should work.  I've tested it time after time.   Smiley

maks_pl

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 02:45:21 am »

I didn't have LBA2 installed on the computer earlyer. The windows installation is also quite fresh.  I downloaded the installation file again, uninstalled everything, deleted all the file's. cleaned up the registry.

After that I burned the CD again, installed it from it and everything was looking good. After getting to the same spot (Zoe brings the car to the desert island), it still have steering problem. The strangest thing, is that the car is steering without any problems when going backwards. Maybe there is a file that can be edited, where I can modify the steering angel of the car?

Beside the car steering everything works like a train toilette.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 04:18:49 am »

I didn't have LBA2 installed on the computer earlyer. The windows installation is also quite fresh.  I downloaded the installation file again, uninstalled everything, deleted all the file's. cleaned up the registry.

After that I burned the CD again, installed it from it and everything was looking good. After getting to the same spot (Zoe brings the car to the desert island), it still have steering problem. The strangest thing, is that the car is steering without any problems when going backwards. Maybe there is a file that can be edited, where I can modify the steering angel of the car?

Beside the car steering everything works like a train toilette.

What operating system are you using?  All of your files in the LBA 2 directory need to be set to READ ONLY except a few files and folders which I cannot remember off the top of my head.  The installer kept these properties on the files, which is why it should work. 

Let me know.

maks_pl

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 05:47:55 am »

Win XP SP2. But I think I know where did I go wrong. I didn't know that the files MUST be set to read only ... If this is correct, so changing the files back to read only should repair the problem. If not .. another reinstall will be on the way but LBA2 is installing like lightning so that will not be a problem.

I'll try that when I will be at home and will post information if it helped or not.  Wink
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 06:12:30 am »

Win XP SP2. But I think I know where did I go wrong. I didn't know that the files MUST be set to read only ... If this is correct, so changing the files back to read only should repair the problem. If not .. another reinstall will be on the way but LBA2 is installing like lightning so that will not be a problem.

I'll try that when I will be at home and will post information if it helped or not.  Wink

Did you change them from being read only?  They should be already set to read only.  There are some that must NOT be set to read only though. 

Yes, please keep me updated.  I will check the installation as well when I get back home from vacation. 

maks_pl

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 03:11:29 pm »

Ok, I've done it again. Installed everything from the beginning, didn't change any file. Started a new game. Came to this spot as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry to say but it still do the same thing. I'll try to install it tomorrow after work on my PC. I don't have a fresh windows installation there, but it never failed me so I hope that maybe then everything will work fine.

So to make it strait:

laptop with win XP pro - cannot steer the car.
PC with XP pro - will test shortly.

I'll keep You updated and let You know.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 03:49:55 am »

Ok, I've done it again. Installed everything from the beginning, didn't change any file. Started a new game. Came to this spot as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry to say but it still do the same thing. I'll try to install it tomorrow after work on my PC. I don't have a fresh windows installation there, but it never failed me so I hope that maybe then everything will work fine.

So to make it strait:

laptop with win XP pro - cannot steer the car.
PC with XP pro - will test shortly.

I'll keep You updated and let You know.

Yeah try it on your other computer.  I never had any problems on every computer of mine, not to say that a problem doesn't exist.  I will also test it again when I get home. 

maks_pl

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:14:43 am »

Strange. There is no such problem on the PC, but on laptop the problem is still the same. Oh well, I guess I will have to use the big box Smiley. I think this subject can be closed. I'll try more researching and playing with the car bug problem on laptop on my own.

Thank You for all the help Smiley
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »

Strange. There is no such problem on the PC, but on laptop the problem is still the same. Oh well, I guess I will have to use the big box Smiley. I think this subject can be closed. I'll try more researching and playing with the car bug problem on laptop on my own.

Thank You for all the help Smiley

Yeah, it's really weird.  If you don't use our version off the bat, the car doesn't seem to work ever, unless you reformat.  The problem hasn't really been tracked down, but our version has it fixed with read only attributes to prevent the corruption of the car in the first place.  It's bizarre to say the least.

Thanks for helping us test it though! Wink

If anyone else needs help on this matter, please post here!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:44:23 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Klemz

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 03:08:55 pm »

I got the same problem, even with the custom lbahq installation the car won't steer. what's worse is that I have the same problem as the guy from the other topic (problems under vista), I just can't reach the pearl of incandescence. In some areas, the game won't let me in for some reason, I try to enter some room, the room flashes and I appear outside again. Also in some cases, twinsen will appear weirdly positioned when entering a room, i.e. when entering the spaceport boarding area in otringal he would appear in a platform above the door, I were able to walk to the top of the tickets guiche.

I'm running the game in win XP on a laptop computer. In fact, I'm beggining to suspect this is the problem, as both the guy in this topic and the other one were experiencing this in laptop computers. Unfortunately, I don't have a desktop computer anymore, so I can't try it out. Also unfortunately, I can't find my original CD so I'm using the "no CD" patch, and can't get it working with dosbox...  Sad
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

I believe the car bug is only seen on computers when traces of an older version are present.  If you've never had LBA 2 installed on your computer after reformatting it and reinstalling all your drivers, the car should work.  I tested it on all my computers, and it worked perfectly.

I wouldn't recommend reformatting though.... remove all traces of previous versions and only use LBAHQ's.

Klemz

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:05 pm »

How do I do this, then? Just uninstalling isn't enough, if I uninstall, then search for "lba2" and "twinsen" and delete all related entries in my registry, then it would work? I have to do this, THEN install lbahq's version, right?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: