News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:16:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music/Sound volume complications  (Read 9397 times)
Firewalker

« on: June 17, 2009, 11:56:07 am »

I bid you all hello,

first of all, I'd like to share my utter happiness and joy and orgasmic feelings I received when I successfully managed to execute that lba.exe gem after such a long time! Yay!

Anyway,

I have issues with music/sound volume where the music is way too loud for any sound effects to come through. I tried playing with the sound options (naturally), even shutting music and others off completely, but to no avail. The overall volume seems to be only thing that's changed by the settings, the loud music is still there!

Help me get music quieter and sound effects louder! Please!

And oh, I'm running it through DosBox on Windows XP.

And oh yes, I even tried to set 'no music' in the setup, but strangely enough, nothing changed.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:57:52 am by Firewalker » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:27:14 am »

There should be some sound and music volume configurations in the game's options menu.  However, I think you already tried those... hmm... I've never heard of this issue before.  Recheck your audio settings and see if you can get it to work.  If not, you may as well use LbaWin which is included in the custom XP version of LBA 1 at LBAHQ.

If you find a solution, post it here so that it will help others.

Firewalker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:36:12 am »

Ahaha! Heureka!

I've got it! The thing was to go to control panels, open up the sound driver settings and decrease the CD volume. Duh, eh? Yays anyway! Smiley
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 07:15:19 pm »

Cool!  Thanks for letting us know!   Grin

marymc
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:56:57 am »

I have this problem too. Windows Vista (and on a Windows 7 computer too).

Do you mean the computer's own Control Panel? Because I have don't the option to change CD sounds on my windows control panel, but I'd appreciate any advice you could give. Smiley
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:49:27 pm »

Double click on your Volume icon in the System Tray (bottom Right corner of desktop).  There you should have the options to adjust the sound if it really is a CD volume level setting that is causing your issues.

malinhardly

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:11:25 am »

My control panel icons are gone. This shows I have 32 articles, but no icons. In addition, in Explore  the files are displayed on the left.I also get the message Error media player and close on me. I could go on, but these are the main things wrong at this time. I ran scan disk and found no problem.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:40:07 am »

My control panel icons are gone. This shows I have 32 articles, but no icons. In addition, in Explore  the files are displayed on the left.I also get the message Error media player and close on me. I could go on, but these are the main things wrong at this time. I ran scan disk and found no problem.

What's the model of your motherboard?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: