News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:35:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Big Adventure 1 - .nrg image FAQ  (Read 12541 times)
dougc

« on: April 25, 2009, 12:27:33 am »

Can Anyone help?
I have downloaded LBA1XP version from VG101, thank you, unpacked and have a .nrg file.
All the forums I have read talk about a .iso file.
Do I burn the .nrg onto a CD same as the .iso file to complete the installation?
Is there something I have missed?

Doug
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:56:19 pm by earnolmartin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:21:33 am »

You have to use Nero from now on to burn the image.  ISO files cannot contain additional audio sessions, so a Nero (.nrg) imge file was our only option.

You can also burn the image using UltraISO or MagicISO.

I'm pretty sure there's other software out there you could use to burn to .nrg image.

Good luck.

dougc

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:20 am »

OK thanks for the hrlp

Doug
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 11:34:21 pm »

OK thanks for the hrlp

Doug

Did you get it burned?  Let me know.

Serpent

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:32:55 pm »

I could burn the .nrg-file onto a cd, but I wasn't able to install it to my computer (xp). Then I tried to extract the file with CDMage. Unfortunately the only result was "can't open" or "invalid format", so I put all my hope into IsoBuster, and finally it worked!

So, if anyone has the same problem, just install IsoBuster, open the .nrg-file, select all files in the right window, extract them into some folder and then, voilà, you can install and run LBA1.

No idea why Nero/CDMage couldn't really make the files visible or extract them.

Special thanks for uploading!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:52:20 pm by Serpent » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:50:06 pm »

You shouldn't need to run IsoBuster.  What is the size of your downloaded file?  Most likely, your file did not finish and became corrupted.  I will check this again, but I'm sure that the image uploaded successfully.

Serpent

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »

Sorry, I'm not an expert on that and very probably it was my fault using nero or CDMage wrong perhaps.
Size was 551.632 kb

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »

The download should be 596MB in size or 596,000 KB. 

But, I am glad you got it working!!   Grin

Serpent

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:08:39 pm »

Oh! That's strange Cheesy I just checked the size again by starting a second download and the size of the file for xp/vista is shown as 539 mb.

Hm, hopefully I can play the game without any problems. Till now it has been ok.  Undecided
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

Oh! That's strange Cheesy I just checked the size again by starting a second download and the size of the file for xp/vista is shown as 539 mb.

Hm, hopefully I can play the game without any problems. Till now it has been ok.  Undecided

Strange.  What browser are you using?  Firefox 3.6 shows it as 596MB.  Also, when you open the archive, if you receive any CRC or unexpected end of archive messages, the full download didn't finish.  Did you get any of these messages from WinRar?

I think it's ok.  Isobuster does a good job.  However, it's best to get the full download complete in its entirety.  I will try to add hash codes to these forums soon.  This should allow you to compare against our version. 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:57:32 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Serpent

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »

I use Firefox 3.5.7. No, I'm sorry, but there were no error messages or something similar. Only CDMage reported something like "invalid format - cannot open". I can't make head nor tail of it. <-- (hope, this is correctly worded Grin)

If there occur any further errors, I'll inform you.

And thank you for your help, you are very obliging!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:59:19 am »

No problem.  I love this game too Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: