News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:19:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LBAHQ Language Changer Release 1.1 (Released: 1/12/2012) & Language Change Guide  (Read 23372 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« on: May 14, 2011, 02:44:07 am »

LBAHQ Language Changer

LBAHQ is proud to release our Language Changer utility.  This utility allows you to change the spoken and the text-dialogue languages on the fly using a simple menu.  Our language changer utility supports all versions of LBA & LBA2, but it has been geared towards LBAHQ's custom versions of LBA and LBA2.  With this program, there's no need to manually edit the config file yourself.  It's quick, easy, and does what it's supposed to do all the few clicks of a button.

Version Information

Current Version:  1.1
Release Date:     1/12/2012
Fixes:                Encoding works properly now from the newly saved lba or lba2.cfg file.  Language changer actually works now.

Supported Operating Systems

Compatible with Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows Vista (x86), Windows Vista (x64), Windows 7 (x86), Windows 7 (x64)

LBAHQ Language Changer Download Link

LBAHQ's Language Changer requires at a minimum Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.  Please download and install the .NET Framework if you don't have it installed already.Without it, the program will not work!

NET FRAMEWORK Download Links

Unsupported OS / Windows 95 and Older

If you'd like to change the language the manual way, browse to your LBA or LBA2 directory.  Double click on the LBA.cfg or the LBA2.cfg file.  You'll see the following with additional lines:

Code:
; L.B.A.2 Configuration file (Activision)

; Language
;
; English
; Fran‡ais
; Deutsch
; Espa¤ol
; Italiano
; Portugues

Language: English

; Spoken Language (CD)
;
; English
; Fran‡ais
; Deutsch

LanguageCD: English

Replace the dialogue language:

Language: English

With the language you'd like to use:

Language: Fran‡ais

Replace the CD voice language:

LanguageCD: English

With the language you'd like to use:

LanguageCD: Fran‡ais

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:44:25 am by earnolmartin » Logged

adr1a

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »

when I select spanish language it seems that the configuration is OK, but when i go to play the game the texts are in french, i tryed to do with the other languages and all of them work correctly except spanish (I tryed with the language changer form, and the manual form) Undecided
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:15 am »

I'm attempting to troubleshoot this further...

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:40:38 am »

I've updated the language tool.  It should be fixed now.  There was nothing wrong with the coding except for a missing Encoding statement.  It should work now for everyone with the .net framework 2.0

Please download the updated version from the below link, and let me know how it works:

http://www.lbahq.com/download.php

adr1a

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22:36 am »

It works perfectly, thx Eric  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: