News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:22:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help to install the game, please!  (Read 18278 times)
Tilda91

« on: April 15, 2008, 10:42:23 am »

Please help me!! Cheesy I'am going to be crazy. I have tried and tried to make the game works.
I have downloaded the full game, unpacked it...what to do now?!
I have tried to downloaded the other files too, and I tried to do wath they said...but it still doesn't work so I must have done something wrong....Please help me, I am going to be crazy Shocked

I have two computers, I have tried on both...wich do you think is esiest to install and play the game on...a windows XP or a windows 98, updated to windows 2000?!

excuase me if my english isn't very good, I hope you understand.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:05:33 pm »

Tilda welcome to our forums!

You must extract the Little Big Adventure 1.iso file from the archive.  This file can be extracted anywhere on your hard drive.  Once it's unpacked, use a program such as Nero or Alcohol 120% to burn the image to a CD.  After it has finished burning, place the disc back into the drive, browse to it, and run setup.exe  After you get it setup, download and install the Little Big Adventure 1 No CD Crack with XP fix, and install that.  Run the game, and it should work in Windows XP.   Skip the patch if you are running Windows 98.

If you don't have a burning utlity, please download Daemon tools and mount the image to a virtual drive to setup and install it. 

I hope this helps.

Tilda91

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:50 am »

but how to start the game?? Undecided
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:59 pm »

Run LBA.exe or Relent.exe from your Little Big Adventure directory (normally C:\LBA) after the game has been installed. 

Hope that helps.

Grin

Tilda91

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:07 am »

I can't make it work, now I will try from the beginning....
You write...
"...use a program such as Nero or Alcohol 120% to burn the image to a CD. "
will I burn the .iso file to the CD?
I unpacked the Little Big Adventure1.iso with winrar and got a lot of files... but when I will burn the CD you can choose to "burn a CDimage or a saved prodjekt" (last time I tried I don't used that Nero program, amd there it just was to burn a CD, maby because of that it doesn't work?) but when I tried to there is inposseble to choose any other file than the iso file...but is that unpacked when I take that file?!
Willl it be unpacked at the CD?

thanks Cheesy
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 01:16:56 pm »

Yes, the iso file itself does not need to be unpacked by winrar.  Only the archive containing the ISO needs to be unpacked.  Once you have the ISO file, use Nero to burn the image, and it will create a CD with the ISO image unpacked.  Then, you will be able to install Little Big Adventure,

I hope this helps!   Grin

Tilda91

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:14:44 am »

There is no "Little Big Adventure 1 No CD Crack with XP fix" for downloading
There is a "no CD patch" and a "Win XP patch"

It works with the installation, but not more than that, what to do now if I want to run the game in the XP computer, do I need to install the "no CD patch"?
how to do??
thanks for all help, would you help me more? Roll Eyes

Huh Huh Huh Grin
Tilda91

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 07:52:38 am »

IT WORKS!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you!!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 04:41:54 pm »

Glad we could help you out!  If you need any more help, please post!!!!

A sound guide for Little Big Adventure will be released soon in case you are running Windows XP and are having trouble getting the audio to work correctly.   Grin

PaulP

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:44:30 am »

I'm still curious for that guide!

I really appreciate your work. You honor a wonderful game: LBA. I love that.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 11:06:50 am »

I can tell you that we're working on it.  We almost have it done, but lately I've been very very busy.  It will be added though.  Before I can release the sound guide, I must continue testing our release of Little Big Adventure 2.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:54:31 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

reifourt

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 01:43:02 am »

So you mean the installer of the game is iso file. Then you need to burn it using cd burning software then you could install it from the cd. Or, you may try some software that could let you see or browse the file inside the iso file. It is called iso reader or something like that.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 02:53:46 am »

Download and install Daemon Tools Lite.  It's free, and it properly mounts our images.  Other utilities do not work as well.

You must download the CD image, burn the image to a disc, load the disc in the PC, or you can download and use Daemon Tools directly with the image file to save yourself a disc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: