News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 06:43:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems getting full-valued LBA 2  (Read 4235 times)
EwaR92
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:30:22 am »

Another LBA 2 fan here Tongue

My story is next… About a year ago I downloaded LBA 2 and I had the no-cd problem (It demanded the cd). But after few days of hard work I managed to get it work. I don’t know how-the-fuckin-way Tongue Anyways, it was pretty much the same like the one you uploaded here, earnolmartin (The very first video with storm, when you launch the game, was ok, car didn't steer when driving forward, but sounds and dialogues were ok) and which attila downloaded. I dind't let the car bug disturb me and I finished the game without further problems. After that I wrote the game on cd, but I was stupid enough not to write a notepad file there, how I got it working last time Sad Now after a year I discover that I can’t get it working and I have the same no-cd problem again.

So I found this best forum page about LBA 2, which I've ever seen Grin, and started reading. I downloaded LBA 2 again from this page and used the no-cd patch, like you have recommended to other fans. Then I had also a problem - the screen went black and the game exited when launching twinsen.exe. So again I got help form this forum and I copied music and video files to LBA 2 directory (I noticed, that when installing the game, even if I chose installing video and music files to hard disc, it didn't do that). Now I had working LBA 2  Tongue but I also got bugs Tongue I noticed, that the very first video didn't exist, and btw, if you go to desert island with storm and you come back from there, and you DO NOT skip video, you get stuck into boat and that's pretty much the end of your game Tongue I didn't play further, but I think that there might be other bugs like that, which are connected with videos.

So I think, that the best variant until now is the version which earnolmartin uploaded here temporarily. I understand that you are already working with the car bug, and I can't wait til you release a perfect game Wink I wish success to you guys !
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:12:31 pm »

I understand you have been having issues; We're actually working on getting the downloads back up. 

Now that my own personal computer problems have been addressed, and I have upgraded to my Quad Core q6600 CPU, I will be working on releasing the fix to car problem.

We'll keep you updated, and I may plan on trying to fix it tonight.    Grin

We will find a server no matter what to continue running this site.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:42:53 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: