News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:56:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble with game installer  (Read 1641 times)
Cbullet

« on: April 09, 2020, 02:05:43 pm »

I wanted to re-install the game, but the when I launch the installer, the options to install and repair are grayed out and not clickable, I can only uninstall (it's not installed to begin with) and exit the installer. I'm using windows 10 and I'm running as administrator. dx 12 and tried different compatibility modes, and nothing is changing. has this happened to anyone before? how do I fix this? I really want to play the game.
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:15 am »

You could try using "regedit" and search for the game there. You would want to try deleting everything that has been created by this game's installer. Be careful though.

And by the way, the game is portable after being installed once (because the serial key needs to be registered). You can just re-copy preinstalled game files.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: