News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:07:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skirmish map mod  (Read 3345 times)
Ommalley

« on: September 17, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »

90% of the times I play this game I end up playing Boneyard (classic 8 players) map on skirmish. It's hands down my favourite.
But I'd like to try this same map with different Places of Power. Is this possible? I've tried looking for the .wor in game files but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:57:16 pm »

Normally no, but you can use this tool to unpack the Levels.H20 file in the Archives folder.

https://www.moddb.com/games/lord-of-the-rings-war-of-the-ring/downloads/tools-for-modding-lotrwotr

You might need some DLL files too.

And then you should rename the modified map in its level properties (you do this inside the World Editor), so you can distinguish the two maps in the game menu.
Ommalley

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »

Tried, but failed. I even installed Visual Studio, but keeps asking for that .dll
That sucks, I really wanted to modify Boneyard...
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:11:19 am »

You need to install the correct version of Visual Studio, which i think was VS 2012.

I think I've already sent you everything you need in a private message... check your messages inbox  Smiley

For everyone else having this problem, get the attached DLLs in the download button of this reply. Put them in the same folder as the tools, and it will work!

* DLLs for WOTR Tools.rar (601.08 KB - downloaded 311 times.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:12:55 am by PalMz17 » Logged
Ommalley

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:56:19 am »

Thanks a lot, I really had fun playing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: