News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:14:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Gen Gaming systems  (Read 9893 times)
Dude_23

« on: January 25, 2008, 02:57:14 pm »

I know it's a bit early to be talking about next generation gaming systems, but what do you guys think they will be like? I have been looking at the brain controlled consoles, and they are awesome! I'm pretty surprised that it actually works.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:20:40 pm »

Should these "brain" controlled consoles ever exist, I would never buy one.  Just think of how much a security risk it could cause because if the government can read and interpret our minds, what stops them from spying on us and keeping us under control?   Roll Eyes

Anyway, I am quite happy with my Wii at the moment, so I see no rush for any new consoles.  I'm also a huge PC gamer, and I am quite happy with the current shooters available on the market today.

Interesting topic though.... Anyone else have any thoughts?

Dude_23

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:11:18 pm »

Should these "brain" controlled consoles ever exist, I would never buy one.  Just think of how much a security risk it could cause because if the government can read and interpret our minds, what stops them from spying on us and keeping us under control?   Roll Eyes

Anyway, I am quite happy with my Wii at the moment, so I see no rush for any new consoles.  I'm also a huge PC gamer, and I am quite happy with the current shooters available on the market today.

Interesting topic though.... Anyone else have any thoughts?

I don't think they've gotten so far as controlling people, but it would be kind of freaky having the government knowing what your thinking. But you would be thinking about games, so they wouldn't get much out of you....

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:27 pm »

I don't think they've gotten so far as controlling people, but it would be kind of freaky having the government knowing what your thinking. But you would be thinking about games, so they wouldn't get much out of you....

Not if they figure out how to map the whole brain.  LOL just theorizing.  But heck, it would be cool!

Dude_23

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:58:04 pm »

I still can't wait until there are commonly available race car simulators that could fit in your house. That would be awesome, especially for Mario Kart.

Skirmant
Ownage Member

Ignorance is bliss.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:27:37 am »

Any way real life games are forbbiten in some countrys for brain damage. So i don't really believe theres gonna be some in USA or any where els soon.
Thats all i heard. Oh and by the way, why does the government want to know what you're thinking if it can brain wash you with reverse messages  Grin                   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:21:18 am by Skirmant » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 05:52:05 pm »

Any way real life games are forbbiten in some countrys for brain damage. So i don't really believe theres gonna be some in USA or any where els soon.
Thats all i heard. Oh and by the way, why does the government want to know what you're thinking if it can brain wash you with reverse messages  Grin                   

So true!  Welcome to the forums Skirmant.  I love your avatar for these forums!   Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: