News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to save on Windows 10  (Read 2843 times)
Ommalley

« on: September 17, 2018, 01:54:52 pm »

Hi, first of all, let me thank you for this forum. War of the Ring was a good piece of my childhood.

So, my problem.
I have an original copy of this game and an updated (patched) version I found here. Every time I play in Campaign mode or Skirmish and I try to save the game it gives me a "name" error. Basically, every time I have to restart everything.

I tried on 3 different computers, with Windows 10. I'm sure it worked on 8, but now I can't save. Anyone has a solution?
I have the same problem with PalMz' Insane Warfare Mod v0.3 as well.
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »

Soo you mean the game can not create the savefile, and not being a loading error?
Something in my mind thinks that I've stumbled upon this error myself once... but I am using Windows 7. However:

• Are you using unusual symbols for your save and/or profile name?
  • Have you tried running the game as administrator?

Good to hear that you play my sloppy mod! The FOS maps can sure take forever and needs a lot of saving! Cheesy
Ommalley

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:43:34 pm »

• Are you using unusual symbols for your save and/or profile name?
  • Have you tried running the game as administrator?

I feel so dumb right now... thanks, it worked! All I had to do was running the game as administrator.

Your mod is awesome, never completed a skirmish of me+ 7 Aragorn-difficult mode though. Neither me and my brother vs 6 Aragorn. Once we build 2 rows of tower and loads of enemies flod the map the game crashes every time.
May I suggest something? Elven Archers unable to take down a building is depressing and Elven Lightbearer is now insane. Theoden requires a Mordor Fortress, but you can't build that, can you?

Thanks!
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:55:09 am »

Ah, perfect that you got it working! Cheesy

Oh thank you for such kind words Smiley
Good points, I appreciate feedback. Is that v0.3 or v0.4 you are talking about?

I implemented a negative siege-bonus on all arrow weapons, due to 250 population points. I found the ranged units kind'a taking over the battles on their own... Tongue But yeah, I probably overdid it!

Hahah oh, the Elven Lightbearers... I guess you are talking about their healing power? Or the stackable sunshine spell? Both are pretty INSANE for sure lol!

Theoden's requirement must've been a mistake when I tried to set it to the ID-number of a Stronghold.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:30:39 pm by PalMz17 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: