News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:51:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom map: PalMz - Small Nether  (Read 2087 times)
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« on: July 14, 2017, 09:24:47 pm »

Pretty much the same as Darkest Nether. But this one is Medium-sized (256x256 m), 4 times smaller area. I made this one due to five problems with larger maps:

• Bigger chance of crash with massive armies.
  • Too long loading time, which can lead to time-out for all players, which will disconnect them.
  • A freeze-time everytime an AI bot makes a plan to attack someone (probably because of the huge navigation area).
  • Lower FPS.
  • It's a lagging pain to edit some stuff in World Editor, especially Passability, and long save-times.

This map has less features, but a way more chaotic path-system between the plateau islands, to make the islands feel more distant. Be warned, you will feel a chaotic closeness of your enemies when you're out on your adventures! Grin

Basic attributes:
  • 8 players
  • Deathmatch gamestyle
  • 4 pair of resources per player (32 pairs in total)
  • 5 bridges

There are probably resources on the map that doesn't work due to the tight placements of those...
Overview screenshot:
https://i.gyazo.com/e38d213af2eb1b12d77f5ce8b3267b7a.jpg

Stay tuned for more stuff from me! Smiley

* PalMz - Small Nether.rar (443.49 KB - downloaded 292 times.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:37:14 am by PalMz17 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: