News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 28, 2017, 07:11:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need volunteers who can test my mod-in-progress!  (Read 223 times)
PalMz17

« on: February 15, 2017, 06:50:53 pm »

Hey, You!
I am the guy who recently uploaded a map and a tiny simple mod. I am a heavy metal musician artist and do often play good-old-games with charming gameplays. Cheesy
However, I have a pretty crazy mod in progress...

Implemented trainable units:
  • Elf-warden (upgradeable)
  • Rohan Archer (upgradeable)
  • Balrog (increased movement speed)
  • Giant Ent (increased movement speed)
  • Battering Ram (adjusted for multiplayer. AI bots are not allowed to train it, since they don't know how to use it correctly)

Other major changes:
  • 250 population points limit (that's absolutely too much, since it is able to crash the game when playing with AI bots)
  • Heroes are more balanced (but still problematic)
  • Heroes gain more power for each level, in an accelerating way
  • Heroes can easier gain experience. For example, through their spells and special attacks
  • Troll Bonecleaver, Troll Stonehurler, Huorn, Balrog and Giant Ent can knockback several footmen to their backs on each hit (Bear have an extra attack damage bonus against most infantry instead)
  • A more realistic unit-counters system, rather than just having rock-paper-scissors (for more information, take a look at my PalMz' - Unit-Counters Mod)
  • Armor upgrades up to +6 points from base value, giving more durable late-game fights
  • Weak early-game units gets more power from both the second and third attack-and-armor upgrades
  • Stronghold and Fortress of Mordor level-upgrades are a bit more costy in both time and resources
  • All buildings have 25% more health, but there are a few units that have some extra bonus against buildings

I have also found a crazy method for making AI bots send massive forces, "Fate of Savage" mod. That works by implementing almost all the campaign characters and making them cost 1 fate point and build in only 10 seconds. You have to add a bunch of fate-boosting Place of Powers in an inaccessible corner of a map, only letting them to control those. It works well, actually!

So, shall we to test this mod together? I live in the UTC +1 timezone, but my current private daily rhythms is actually about 6 hours later, like UTC +7. Tongue Voice-chatting would be really nice.

On the other hand; if you even dare to play this currently-painfully unstable mod with lots of issues by yourself; I won't prevent you! Send me a PM to get the latest version of total madness! Wink Oh come on... don't you worry! I am online regularly, checking for updates on this WOTR forum page Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:06:17 pm by PalMz17 » Logged
carn solus

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:11:54 am »

I like a lot of the ideas here
unfortunately, I'm working on my own mod and I'm otherwise pretty busy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: