News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 09:59:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom map: PalMz - Darkest Nether v2 ***Updated 2017-07-15***  (Read 5339 times)
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:17 pm »

I've been working on an atmospheric map with a currently focused aggressive gameplay. It sort of looks like an enclosed Hell! Grin

• 512x512 m, but still pretty tight. Wink
  • Up to 8 players.
  • 4 plateaus. The 3 main plateaus can work as team-islands as long as you toggle "Allies Nearby" on and restart a few times.
  • 3 bridges between the main and center plateau.
  • 3 terrain ramps for accessing the lower middle ground.
  • 13 Place of Powers. All different and somewhat balanced. There are even all the three Balrog's Place of Powers, which is not as OP and also affects Giant Ent in my own mod (in progress).
  • About 4 pairs of resources per player, with a few extra orepiles. The big number causes some resource-icons to not render on the mini-map.
  • Mordor textures.
  • Chaotic visuals! Shocked
  • Not particulalry dark in terms of lightning. Tongue
  • In testing state for gameplay due to some spawn-points not working smoothly (Which is really plaguing when it comes to tight map-making).
  • No walker- and building passability holes.
  • No camera diving holes. That's a single huge camera plane, precisely aligned along the main-height.
  • Not yet optimized for minimum data-weight.
  • Due to bridges being tricky to apply correctly on maps, during crowded battles on a bridge, your units can automatically run all the way around to the lower middle ground. I might fix that, but the spawn-points is more important right now.

v2 - Updated visuals:
  • Edited global lightning that gives way more contrasts and also acts a bit like a "bloom effect" on the textures, making it way hotter than before! Shocked
  • Edited Fog-of-war effect, more dusty this time
  • Better blood-rivers and volcano lava
  • Changed from Skydome to Skybox, for the sake of performance (You don't even see the sky, soo...  Huh )
  • Nothing else, actually Tongue

Overview screenshots:
v1 - https://i.gyazo.com/9859f71d8ddb0fea7e4cdb054f766dde.jpg
v2 - https://i.gyazo.com/c9bee3731d2abf1dfe627dce583b37ef.jpg

* PalMz - Darkest Nether.wor (3674.62 KB - downloaded 353 times.)
* PalMz - Darkest Nether v2.wor (3400.44 KB - downloaded 348 times.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:42:16 pm by PalMz17 » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:16:02 am »

Will check it out.  Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: