News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 08:51:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation Help  (Read 5462 times)
JP43Joel

« on: September 03, 2014, 06:25:18 am »

Hi guys,

I seem to be having a problem installing this mod. I've followed the installation instructions in version 2.9.1 beta 3.4, but when I try to start the game up the black screen briefly flashes before the screen fails to load. I can't download the 1000010_1010011 update as when I try to run it claims that the 'old file doesn't exist'. Unsure what this means too. Can anyone help? As I'd love to play this modification as this game is good but the mod makes it look great!
Yaroslav
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 07:16:19 am »

Hi guys,

I seem to be having a problem installing this mod. I've followed the installation instructions in version 2.9.1 beta 3.4, but when I try to start the game up the black screen briefly flashes before the screen fails to load. I can't download the 1000010_1010011 update as when I try to run it claims that the 'old file doesn't exist'. Unsure what this means too. Can anyone help? As I'd love to play this modification as this game is good but the mod makes it look great!

Hi, its easy:
mod files get you this update, except rings.exe - just unpack files from 'Rings_HD.rar' with replace and run Rings_HD.exe Wink
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »

Have you tried downloading the original 1.0 exe?

This thread should help you with everything:  http://forums.videogames101.net/index.php?topic=448.msg1387#msg1387

JP43Joel

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:58:18 am »

Thanks guys. I've done everything you've suggested and it now runs smoothly to the loading screen, but then immediately crashes to desktop without an error message. Any ideas?  Smiley
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 07:19:02 pm »

Thanks guys. I've done everything you've suggested and it now runs smoothly to the loading screen, but then immediately crashes to desktop without an error message. Any ideas?  Smiley

Not sure, could you try the same process on another computer?  You did manage to install the patch?  Does the game work without the evil mod?

Yaroslav
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »

some in files is failed...
https://yadi.sk/d/neEr5i3qGCaki install this and then mod
p.s. run Rings-Hd.exe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: