News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:40:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem at starting the game  (Read 11970 times)
mathell01

« on: January 14, 2013, 10:22:02 am »

i downloaded your LBA, installed and when i open the .exe, appears a window asking if i want to start in fullscreen mode or not.
If i choose "n", then the game starts at window mode and works perfectly.
If i choose "y", there is two ways: sometimes appears a message saying something about the resolution in fullscreen, like 640x480-32 can't be opened. Or the game opens in fullscreen, i can hear all the sounds but there's no video, it's just a black screen with the sounds of the game. Then, if i alt+enter, the game returns to window mode and works perfectly again!

i played a little at window mode, it works and it's great playing Twinsen's Odyssey again, but i would like if the game be in fullscreen mode :T

any ideas?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

Does your monitor not support this resolution?  What kind of monitor do you have?  Even widescreen monitors should be able to support that old resolution.  Have you installed the latest video drivers for your video card?

mathell01

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:16:33 pm »

i don't think that the problem be my video card, i play games like Assassin's Creed and Skyrim in this pc. It's so strange that this game can not work at fullscreen here...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »

i don't think that the problem be my video card, i play games like Assassin's Creed and Skyrim in this pc. It's so strange that this game can not work at fullscreen here...

See if you can set a resolution of 640 x 480 in some of your modern games.  If your monitor doesn't support that resolution, you're out of luck.  It might be too low for that monitor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: