News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:38:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio problems  (Read 6479 times)
PaulP

« on: January 06, 2008, 12:21:12 pm »

Hi guys.

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing LBA1. I played it a very long time ago but I lost the CD.
After installing the game, it didn't work, and I read in the readme from this site, I should try to disable the sound. It worked! But, unfortunately, there was no sound.
When I enabled the sound again, it didn't work again. The screen got black, and after 1 second it shuts down. So I don't even see the intro screen from Adeline.

My question is, which sound effect and music driver should I choose during the LBA installation? The 15(?) possibilities I have do not match with my audio card in my computer as far as I know.
Is there an option which corresponds with my audio card? Or can I download a tool which makes it possible to play LBA1 with sound? I've got a C-Media 9739A/9761.

Greetings, Paul P
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »

I'm currently writing a sound guide myself for all users. 

If you have XP:

Go to C:\Windows\System32

Right click on autoexec.nt, and choose Open With.  Open the file with notepad, and it will tell you what your audio is set to at the bottom.

The guide for setting sound will be up soon; I promise.  I have just been busy with other things which is why it took me so long to respond. 

If you have Windows 98:
While 98 is booting, look for the part where it says Set Blaster =

Use those numbers... I'll be more specific with the sound guide coming soon. I hope this helps.   Grin

PaulP

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:04 pm »

Thanks a lot!
But, I've still got a problem. The difference is that it does display the Adeline logo now but it still shuts down after displaying the logo.
I'm a little bit further because I could not see the logo first. In de .NT file are those lines:

REM    waarbij:
REM        A    de basis-I/O-poort van de geluidsblaster aanduidt
REM        I    de IRQ-lijn aanduidt
REM        D    het 8-bits DMA-kanaal aanduidt
REM        P    de MPU-401 basis-I/O-poort aanduidt
REM        T    het type geluidsblasterkaart
REM                 1 - Sound Blaster 1.5
REM                 2 - Sound Blaster Pro I
REM                 3 - Sound Blaster 2.0
REM                 4 - Sound Blaster Pro II
REM                 6 - SOund Blaster 16/AWE 32/32/64
REM
REM    De standaardwaarden zijn A220 I5 D1 en P330. Voor niet
REM    opgegeven schakelopties geldt de standaardwaarde. (N.B.:
REM    aangezien alle poorten virtueel zijn, hoeft de hier
REM    gegeven informatie niet overeen te komen met de daad-
REM    hardware-instellingen.) NTVDM ondersteunt alleen
REM    Sound Blaster 2.0.
REM    Schakeloptie T dient indien opgegeven op 3 te worden gezet.
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

It's in Dutch but I guess you will understand the most. I've chosen Soundblaster 2 in Music settings and in soundeffect settings too. I used IRQ-line 5 and Adress 220h.
That's right, isn't it? What can be the problem now?

Thanks again!
Greetings
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:58:28 pm »

Set your speech + music to:

A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

It appears you don't have a sound error.  Have you download the NO CD + Video Fix for Little Big Adventure?  If you haven't, try that.  Follow the steps in the readme, and you can play LBA 1 without the CD with the video fix applied for XP.

Sorry again for the delayed response; I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment, and our upload scripts are being rewritten and improved.  I am also computerless at my other location, so I'm trying to work on that too. 

If you have any more problems, please post them here, and I will get back to you ASAP.  Again, we'll release a sound guide within the next month.   Grin

PaulP

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 01:27:26 pm »

I used the settings you said I had to use, but unfortunately... it still doesn't work Sad

I guess I forgot somehting or maybe I'm still doing something wrong. But no problem, I will just be patient and I will wait for your guide!

And again, many thanks for your support! I really appreciate it and I love it there are still people enjoying the wonderfull world of LBA since nobody I know in real life know the game or has ever played it.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:57 pm »

No problem, and sorry for the delayed responses.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: