News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:40:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: War of the Ring 1.0 Original Version Executable  (Read 28003 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« on: January 12, 2013, 12:17:53 am »

War of the Ring 1.0 Executable

If you're trying to install the War of the Ring 1.01.0011 Patch for your game, you'll need the original Rings.exe executable (attached to this post below) before the installer will work.  So, if you're using a cracked executable, but still want to upgrade, download the attached file containing the original unmodified executable which will allow you to run the patch.  After running the 1.01.0011 patch, grab the widescreen patch which will allow you to play without the CD.

* War of the Ring 1.0 Original Binary Rings.zip (2271.82 KB - downloaded 3927 times.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:20:26 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Canzah

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »

Thank you brother!

You are truly a gentleman and a scholar, thanks to you I can finally enjoy the game again due to being able to patch it and thus, use the widescreen hack Smiley

Thank you once again!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:19 am »

Not a problem bro!  I own probably 3 copies of this game, so this was an easy request to fulfill. 

digitalworkshed

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 01:26:51 am »

Thanks for this man now I can enjoy the full game! Thanks!  Grin

NeoXist

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:55:23 am »

Hello,

I came here because I still have issues with the updating of patch 1.01.0011. On my old laptop it just worked perfectly, but recently I bought a new laptop so I installed War of the Ring on it (worked perfectly because I have the CD of it). But there's an error at 31% of the updating process saying it didn't find an old file but found a file with the same name instead. So I went to search for a solution and stumbled onto this. So I downloaded the original binary file of the game and tried to do it again, however the error still persists and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could you please offer me a solution? I'd like to play this game again since I really love it. It may be 2016 but the game is still awesome.

Thanks in advance and I hope you react as soon as possible.

Greetings

NeoXist
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:58 pm »

Hello,

I came here because I still have issues with the updating of patch 1.01.0011. On my old laptop it just worked perfectly, but recently I bought a new laptop so I installed War of the Ring on it (worked perfectly because I have the CD of it). But there's an error at 31% of the updating process saying it didn't find an old file but found a file with the same name instead. So I went to search for a solution and stumbled onto this. So I downloaded the original binary file of the game and tried to do it again, however the error still persists and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could you please offer me a solution? I'd like to play this game again since I really love it. It may be 2016 but the game is still awesome.

Greetings

NeoXist

I will put together something for you.  Smiley

EDIT:

Check your private messages.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:08:42 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

NeoXist

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 01:36:21 pm »

Hello,

Greetings

NeoXist

2 years later, getting this problem again  Cry

The fix from Earnolmartin that he sent me doesn't work anymore either.

Anyone could help me out again? Thanks!
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 04:01:52 pm »

You'll have to make sure that the gamefolder path reads EXACTLY "C:\Program Files\Liquid Entertainment\War of the Ring(tm)". If it doesn't, just move around temporarily.
Because, your folder is probably named "Program Files(x86)", which is wrong.
NeoXist

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:04:59 am »

You'll have to make sure that the gamefolder path reads EXACTLY "C:\Program Files\Liquid Entertainment\War of the Ring(tm)". If it doesn't, just move around temporarily.
Because, your folder is probably named "Program Files(x86)", which is wrong.

Thanks for the reply! It was already in that exact path so I'm not sure what's wrong. Tried moving it around too and really nothing works, I'm pretty confused as of why. Uninstall reinstalling in other paths don't help either. I'm lost.  Cry
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 10:10:44 pm »

Check your PMs.

Witchking

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 03:35:12 am »

I have the same problem, at 31% there is a error with eula.txt and the installation down Sad
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 06:32:15 am »

Check your PMs.

I am starting to think this problem is caused by applying the US-patch on another regional version of the game. Or maybe it has to do with newer Windows releases (8+)...

Have you ever tried running the patch as administrator? Just in case it doesn't automatically ask to elevate itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: