News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:03:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release EvilMod: Resurrection v2.9.2  (Read 18331 times)
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 11:09:31 pm »

I've been modding the database of War of The Ring for a while now, and I have some concerns about the root stuff we yet don't have easy access for, to not mention all the interesting so-called toolscripts...

How do you get your Battering Ram to work? In my own mod, the build-button (for production) is not clickable - it shows gray. And I also wonder why upgrades is blocked for Elf Knight? I have written in the LQRs that the unit should both allow upgrades, and get the same upgrades as the other elves/elfs.

Another problem is, I can't get the time-scale function to work on Balrog and Giant Ent - I want to speed them up. I guess some of these problems is caused by root scripts that merges over the LQR-data. And is there yet a way of model scaling?

By the way - the Tools for modding, they need to get re-compiled in "Release Mode" instead of "Debug Mode". Or else users have to download debug versions of the required Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 C++ DLLs separately, which could contain back-doors (virus stuff). Anyways... they work absolutely great, big thanks to Yaroslav!  Grin (Y)

I have already sent an email about this to the address Yaroslav specified here.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 10:03:58 pm »

Cool, please inform us of his response if you get one.  I'd like to attach the latest version of his mod, tools, and anything else somewhere in the forums and on the mapping site itself. 

PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 08:47:46 pm »

Yeah. I will, as long as I don't get my thoughts stuck in something else! Roll Eyes
I have only recieved a single response from his friend/partner Flomaster in a private conversation at Mod DB, about getting their tools running. He shared me a link for DLLs that work perfect by placing them in the tools' folder. So there is at least something there Smiley
ltsheppard

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 12:12:55 pm »

I have reached out to him recently regarding some changes to his text conversion tool. There was an error where it did not convert German special characters like ä, ö, and ü. He actually answered and wrote a new tool for me that works.

However, I haven't heard from him now in 3 weeks regarding some other matter, so he might be gone for the time being or doesn't have time to invest.

Also, I've downloaded all Visual Studio versions necessary to run Yaroslav's tools (VS2012 for the already posted and VS2014 for the one he sent me) and extracted the dlls. I don't know if I'm allowed to redistribute those dlls but they would be totally virus or risk free since I took them straight from the install folders.

I've also written a GUI for the H2O Packer and Unpacker tools. If anyone is interested, I could upload an archive with all that and maybe updated readmes etc.
PalMz17
Ownage Member

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 02:11:23 pm »

I got an answer from Yaroslav on this day, 5th december. He also said to me that he has bugfixed the text tool. He has not yet come to answer any of the modding problem I have, but soon... I guess.
I saw that his partner Flomaster uploaded modding tools for another underknown game at Mod DB on 9th november, which was around the time Flomaster shared me working DLLs. So that could be one of the causes of why he is not so very active. I would also say it can be really tough (and frustrating) to get any access to the root sections... which is one of the current goals. Scenario scripts is, of course, also one of those.

Edit: He also wrote that the tools did not work as they should have when he compiled them in Release Mode. So that's why they currently are in Debug Mode.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:19:42 pm by PalMz17 » Logged
ltsheppard

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 06:06:41 pm »

I have no problem with them being written in debug mode. I don't think WoR is going to be interesting for a lot of modders anyway because you have to pack the whole archive every time you want to mod something (so there would be a big problem with incompatibilty). The only way would be a mod starter/installer that packs different mods into the archives etc.

Nonetheless, I'll gladly upload my tools folder with the dlls and GUIs for the programs.

I myself wanted to work on changing the menu screens, to delete the obsolete Gamespy multiplayer option and fix the UI for widescreen resolutions. However, the lsr screen files cannot be converted yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:09:00 pm by ltsheppard » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: