News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:58:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LBA2 on DS ?  (Read 6706 times)
Polaris

« on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:50 am »

Hello.

I recently found a way to make LBA work on DS : http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?p=422281 (only with a DSTWO flashcard). I used a MS-DOS emulator called DS2x86, and I must say, thanks a lot for the no-CD patch found here ! Smiley

I think it would be possible to run LBA2 aswell the only problem being... Still no CD reader on a DS and no way to mount one. I saw that there are some no-CD cracks for LBA2 here, but none that works under MS-DOS Sad
Anybody has (developped) one or has any ideas ?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:42:53 pm »

Hello.

I recently found a way to make LBA work on DS : http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?p=422281 (only with a DSTWO flashcard). I used a MS-DOS emulator called DS2x86, and I must say, thanks a lot for the no-CD patch found here ! Smiley

I think it would be possible to run LBA2 aswell the only problem being... Still no CD reader on a DS and no way to mount one. I saw that there are some no-CD cracks for LBA2 here, but none that works under MS-DOS Sad
Anybody has (developped) one or has any ideas ?

Thanks for the information!  There isn't a working crack for the dos version of LBA2 to my knowledge.  However, a group tried to create one, but it doesn't work. 

In the NO CD Crack file, I've included an LBA2.DOS file, but as the readme states:

LBA2.DOS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CRACKED AND WORKING BY [GROUP]; however, they failed poorly with it, and I cannot get it to work.  I've included it in the hopes that perhaps someone may wish to patch it and send it to us at LBAHQ.

Maybe someone can finish the job? 

Polaris

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

Yeah, I read that, I just hoped that the site wasn't up to date somehow Cry
I know nothing about these things unfortunately, the Magicball network isn't into piracy...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »

Yeah, I read that, I just hoped that the site wasn't up to date somehow Cry
I know nothing about these things unfortunately, the Magicball network isn't into piracy...

We don't support piracy either.  You should buy the game if you like it.  Especially if you want there to be a LBA 3 game within our lifetime.  

Cracks aren't considered piracy... they're considered getting things to work on Ipads and other devices.  The site will be updated if we ever get a working patch.  Here's to hoping someone will do it!

Polaris

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:53:18 am »

Oh, sorry, I didn't want to be offensive, I just don't know anything about this stuff, it's the first time I run a PC game on an other device  Grin'
Don't worry, I do have the GoG version of both of them and a CD version of LBA1 Wink

Well, then, we'll hope... and wait...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:04:53 pm by Polaris » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 12:36:47 am »

Yeah, I hope someone will do it.  Someone needs to contact the group mentioned in the file and tell them their "fix" doesn't work in the dos file. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: