News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 18, 2024, 09:15:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with sound in vista LBA2  (Read 11241 times)
Jascha

« on: March 13, 2011, 08:25:35 am »

I've installed the game (without cd because my cd is broken). When i start the game (with the no cd key) in the normal version there is no sound. completely no sound at all. But when i open the old windows 95 version the sound is ok but the graphics are ale scrambled. How can i fix one of those problems?

Thanks
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:09:23 am »

You need to use the sound fix which can be downloaded on this page:

http://lbahq.com/download.php

Thanks!    Grin

Jascha

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:28:10 pm »

I've already downloaded that but still no sound ...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:01 pm »

I assume you're using the NO CD crack correct?  If so, you must copy the video and audio files from your CD into your LBA2 directory.

If you've already done this, do you have sound in other games you play on your computer?

Jascha

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:57:00 am »

If already done that. It's the only game i have problems with. But if i use the no cd crack for windows 95 the sound works ok but then the graphics are al scrambled.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:49:20 am »

Odd.  I haven't seen that before.  Mine works great under Windows 7 with the sound patch.  I would recommend you download and burn a copy of our custom LBAHQ LBA2 version to a cd, install from the CD, and use the CD instead of the no-cd cracked version. 

If that doesn't work, I'd be happy to Teamviewer into your machine and help ya out if you'd like. 

Jascha

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:32 am »

I've already tried that but it also doesn't work when i burn it to cd it doesnt recognize the cd and says insert twinsen disc ...

If you explain teamviewer to me its ok by me.

Tnx

J.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 03:44:23 am »

I've already tried that but it also doesn't work when i burn it to cd it doesnt recognize the cd and says insert twinsen disc ...

If you explain teamviewer to me its ok by me.

Tnx

J.

What program did you use to burn the image to a disc?  Also, are you running the DosBox version of the game, or are you playing it under Windows?   LBAHQ has not experienced this issue before, and we haven't received any reports of this issue that I know of.  

Teamviewer allows me to remotely control your PC temporarily under your watch.  I would be able to troubleshoot and manipulate files over the internet by remotely controlling your PC.  It would be easier for me to explain it over instant messaging.  Do you have AIM, MSN, or Yahoo IM?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:46:07 am by earnolmartin » Logged

Jascha

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 04:58:24 am »

I've burned it with nero. I've tried running it under both windows and dosbox.

I' have msn, but maybe facebook is a better way yo find me (by my name) and using fb chat. In stead of having to post my mailadress on a forum.

J.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:43:21 am »

What version of Windows are you running?  If you want to play the game in Windows 95, you need to go to your LBA2 directory and find the executable with a name similar to TWINSEN WINDOWS 98.EXE --- then rename the original executable to twinsen.exe.old and then rename the Windows 98 one to TWINSEN.EXE --- try it again, and it should work under Windows 95.  I don't know why it's not working in your version of windows... I've tried it under Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 all x64 versions, and it worked without issues. 

Jascha

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »

I'm running it under vista. Otherwise we must try such a team viewer session. Look me up on facebook

Sincereley and with thanks

Jascha Baltussen
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 12:38:55 am »

I'd prefer if we used xfire or msn. 

Jascha

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 02:51:42 am »

okay msn: jaschabaltussen@gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print