News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2024, 09:49:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem opening the rar file  (Read 5705 times)
Stian

« on: March 31, 2011, 09:24:35 am »

Hey everyone, I`m new to the forum.

I am using Windows Vista, and have downloaded LBA 1 twice now. Both times I get it down fine, but when I try to open the rar file I get the message

"C:\Users\Stian\AppData\Local\Temp\Little Big Adventure 1 LBAHQ Custom Version 2 Nero.rar
The Archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I don't have Nero, but I downloaded DAEMON Tools Lite. I don't know much about computers, but would very much like to replay this game.

Thank you taking the time to making it work with modern operating systems, remember I tried playing it from my original cds a few years back. I quit when I couldn't make the sound and music work  Embarrassed

Update: I got tried extracting it with winrar, but got the message !   C:\Users\Stian\AppData\Local\Temp\Little Big Adventure 1 LBAHQ Custom Version 2 Nero-1.rar: CRC failed in Little Big Adventure 1 LBAHQ Custom Version 2.nrg. The file is corrupt
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:44:35 am by Stian » Logged
Stian

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:57 am »

Allright, third time is the charm it seems. Downloaded it again, and it worked fine this time.

Thanks once again for putting this out there, playing it right now and it is awesome:)

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:09:33 am »

Glad it's working.  The CRC error will occur if downloading the file has not completed successfully. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: