News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 08:05:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Original cd - but sound issue  (Read 4453 times)
Yvonukon

« on: May 30, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »

Hi all - I have an orginal LBA2 cd which I have managed to get running on my lap top (vista sp2) with the help of the patch. BUT I cannot get the voices to work. There is sound in the intro and music but it stops. I wondered if this was related to the patch that makes it
run with Vista and if anyone knows what I can do with this?

I have not played this game for many years, my son (who is now 27) bought it for my birthday and I had many months of fun with it. Found the cd again after a house move and wanted to play it again.

Thanks for any help.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 01:18:47 am »

The Sound & Video Fix found at LBAHQ should have fixed the problem.  You need to copy the sound file Mss32 into your LBA2 directory, and it should fix it.

Yvonukon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 01:06:52 pm »

I got it working - but the funny thing is i don't know how, but thanks for replying
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:15:20 pm »

I got it working - but the funny thing is i don't know how, but thanks for replying

No problem.  Glad you got it working.  However, I would still use the sound patch if I were you.   Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: