News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 01:40:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems opening LBA 2  (Read 6067 times)
spacequetch

« on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:42 am »

Hi guys, I've tried to make LBA 2 works and got some problems.

First of all, opening the xp, vista and 7 version and even the original for 95 and 98
the game crashes when Twinsen and Zoé appears on a disk, leaving a bad coloured version
of them.
But dosbox runs quite well, but sometimes there is a little stuttering in the audio and video.

Any ideas!?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »

Hi guys, I've tried to make LBA 2 works and got some problems.

First of all, opening the xp, vista and 7 version and even the original for 95 and 98
the game crashes when Twinsen and Zoé appears on a disk, leaving a bad coloured version
of them.
But dosbox runs quite well, but sometimes there is a little stuttering in the audio and video.

Any ideas!?

What OS is your computer running?  Are you using our release?

spacequetch

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »

I'm using Windows 7 64-bits and downloaded your custom release.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

I'm using Windows 7 64-bits and downloaded your custom release.

That shouldn't happen, as the video patch has been applied to XP, Vista, and 7 executable.  You could try patching it again by downloading here:

http://lbahq.com/download.php

Click to download the "Sound & Video Fix"

Our version uses the sound fix because some of the audio is really messed up without it on Windows Vista and Windows 7.  If you're playing on XP, you can delete the sound patch file, Mss32.dll, and the audio will still be fine.  Unfortunately, the sound fix does have bugs (some clicking sounds as you described), but again, it must be used in Windows Vista and Windows 7 for the game to even have correct sounds.  It just clicks and is messed up without it when running the game in Vista or 7.

spacequetch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »

Sorry for the delay on the reply.

I guess it was the account the real problem, this one was already giving
problems even to connect with internet, so I've removed this gaming account
and now I'm playing with the admin.

The Dosbox version is running perfect, but the vista 7 version still bugs out.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the dosbox version now, playing without any problem, glitch.

Thanks for the help.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08:35 am »

Odd, glad you got it to work.  I didn't have any problems with Win version.  Make sure you run it with admin permissions?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: