News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:54:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying installations problem  (Read 4849 times)
plastnyckel

« on: April 07, 2010, 05:20:10 pm »

So this is how it is:
I installed LBA from the original CD in DosBox, and when it was installed, I have to choose with graphic card and sound card I have in my computer, so I choosed "I dont know" on video card config (cuz my graphic card wasnt on the list) and "No sound" on both Music Sound Card and FX Sound Card, and the game started and everything worked! except for the sound of course...
Sooo I found out what sound card i got, reinstalled the game and this time I changed the settings from "no sound" to Sound Blaster 2 220h 5 IRQ and wen I start the game it shuts down after the video with adeline and all that stuff.
The thing is.. if I reinstall it again with the setting "No sound" it works again....  Tongue But you know, it would be nice with some music Wink

So does anyone know what to do to make it work? Would really appreciate any help i can get!  Cheesy
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:00 am »

So this is how it is:
I installed LBA from the original CD in DosBox, and when it was installed, I have to choose with graphic card and sound card I have in my computer, so I choosed "I dont know" on video card config (cuz my graphic card wasnt on the list) and "No sound" on both Music Sound Card and FX Sound Card, and the game started and everything worked! except for the sound of course...
Sooo I found out what sound card i got, reinstalled the game and this time I changed the settings from "no sound" to Sound Blaster 2 220h 5 IRQ and wen I start the game it shuts down after the video with adeline and all that stuff.
The thing is.. if I reinstall it again with the setting "No sound" it works again....  Tongue But you know, it would be nice with some music Wink

So does anyone know what to do to make it work? Would really appreciate any help i can get!  Cheesy

You should play it using the LbaWin port.  Our installation creates the shortcut for it on your desktop automatically.  If that doesn't work, follow this guide:

http://lbahq.com/sound.htm

If the game is crashing after you make a sound and music settings change, try different settings, as the one you used do not match your sound card.

Hope this helps.  It is difficult to get the game running without using LbaWin.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: