News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 01:29:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 & Vista Installation Guide / Color Fixes for LBA 1 Custom Version  (Read 17704 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« on: May 06, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »

LbaWin Color / Windows x64 Patch

After playing with my own installation of Windows 7 x64, I've noticed some peculiar things when running our version.  First of all, the best way to run Little Big Adventure in Windows 7 or Windows Vista x64 is to use DosBox.  I've created my own video guide, currently in the process of uploading to YouTube, that walks you through the DosBox process.

You can download it here as a RAR archive meaning you'll need WinRar to open it. 

LBA DosBox Configuration Video

Also, I've noticed that the LbaWin port looks funny in Windows 7 x64.  It could possibly look this way in Windows Vista x64 as well.  If you run LbaWin, and some colors are distorted / wrong / contains too many rainbow colors, you need to edit your LBA.CFG config file.  The only way to get LbaWin to look good under Windows 7 x64 and possibly Vista x64 is to run LbaWin in minimized mode.  To change this, download the below patch, or browse to C:\LBA\LBAWIN\, open LBA.CFG with Notepad, scroll down to the bottom of the file, and change the following:

Change:
LbaWinFullScreen: 1

To:
LbaWinFullScreen: 0

And save your changes!

If you're too lazy, you can download and install the below patch.  DO NOT CHANGE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY!  ONLY USE THIS PATCH WITH LBAHQ'S CUSTOM LBA VERSION.

LbaWin Color Patch

I'm still trying to see if I can find a way to fix the color distortions in full screen.  Until then, the game should be played either with DosBox or LbaWin in minimized mode!

Hope this helps some of you!   Grin

onnet5

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:16:53 am »

Thanks a lot for fixing this. I can confirm the patch worked for me.

Looking forward to a full screen patch.
malinhardly

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:05:51 am »

I found them on a website while I was searching for something else.Because I tested and tested this version on my laptops and desktops running Vista and XP. The car bug is fixed at least, it should be.  I haven't experienced the car bug ever fresh install on each of my computers and laptops.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: