News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 18, 2024, 09:31:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having problems with installing LBA 2 and Dialogue Issues  (Read 21489 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:43 pm »

I will need someone to volunteer to test this version.  I have tested it, but I want someone to thoroughly test it.  Attila or samillence, will you answer the call for LBA fans around the world?   Grin

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 11:03:44 pm »

It's ready!  Grin

Anyone is welcome to test this short BETA of a better LBA 2 version.  Please test it, and let me know if it works without issues.  If it does, it can replace the current image with this version which should address all of the issues that forum members have been posting.  Please try the following versions, and let me know about bugs, ask questions, leave comments, and leave suggestions.

I'm not releasing this at full speed because the image has some problems, and I want to make sure problems are avoided.

Choose your version:

LBA 2 Full Install - 467MB
LBA 2 Full Install Without Video - 248MB

Good luck!

samillence

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 03:04:15 pm »

Yeah I'll do it. So hope I dont get Twinsen repeating Hello  when I talk to some one.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 04:12:18 pm »

Sweet!  Let me know how it works samillence!   Grin

samillence

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 01:41:04 am »

I will let you know. I wont download it just yet dont want to go over my download limit or internet speed will get cut in half. If any one else tested it out be for I do let us know how it goes.
backao

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 09:45:31 pm »

It's ready!  Grin

Anyone is welcome to test this short BETA of a better LBA 2 version.  Please test it, and let me know if it works without issues.  If it does, it can replace the current image with this version which should address all of the issues that forum members have been posting.  Please try the following versions, and let me know about bugs, ask questions, leave comments, and leave suggestions.

I'm not releasing this at full speed because the image has some problems, and I want to make sure problems are avoided.

Choose your version:

LBA 2 Full Install - 467MB
LBA 2 Full Install Without Video - 248MB

Good luck!

This account is temporarily unavailable.
Please contact your hosting provider

How could I download the LBA 2 now ? Huh Huh
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 04:38:20 pm »

Damn it.  Looks like I went over my bandwidth or some other reason.  I'll look into it.  Just hold tight people!  I'll get it back up!  Grin

samillence

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 05:45:13 am »

Just tested out the full installer of LBA2. It works fantastically except for one thing the car dosen't turn left or right. In order for me to turn it left or right I need to do revers turning. Can any one plz help me?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 08:07:38 am »

Hmm.  The car works for me.  Are you using the right and left arrow keys to turn the car?  Did you install the sound patch for the car?  If so, perhaps that shouldn't have been done.

Hope this helps.  Post again if the issue still persists, and I can do some further looking.  Is the speech issue fixed?

samillence

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 12:12:08 am »

Hmm.  The car works for me.  Are you using the right and left arrow keys to turn the car?  Did you install the sound patch for the car?  If so, perhaps that shouldn't have been done.

Hope this helps.  Post again if the issue still persists, and I can do some further looking.  Is the speech issue fixed?

The speech issue is fixed and I am useing the left and right arrows to try and turn the car but its still not working.  I have no sound patch for the car.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »

I'll try it tonight, and I'll let you know.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 10:45:31 pm »

You were right!  The car is experiencing difficulty in turning.  I think I have found the problem, and it will be fixed for the final build. 

However, I need someone to test my theory.  Samillence, could you please play the game from start to finish by starting a new game from the beginning? 

I think the car does not work because of the autosave being corrupt.  Thus starting a new game should fix it. Wink

Let me know.

samillence

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 04:35:16 am »

I started from scratch and it still didnt work.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 02:27:39 pm »

I will look into it, and I will try to release something within the next week. 

Thanks for testing... let me know of any other errors.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: