News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 07:16:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having problems with installing LBA 2 and Dialogue Issues  (Read 21536 times)
Attila

« on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:28 am »

Hi! I'm having problems installing LBA2...

I install the game, I patch it and apply a no-cd crack. The game starts running, it appears an image from Twinsen and his girl and then goes back to Windows.

My videocard is a Geforce 6800gs and i'm running Windows XP Professional.

I would appreciate if anyone could help...

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:27:51 pm »

Hi Attila and welcome to the community!  After installing the game, did you download and install the NO CD crack for Windows XP from LBAHQ's download page?  If you installed that NO CD Crack, TWINSEN.exe should already be patched and cracked.  Therefore, you don't have to patch it again.  Did you install the game, patch the game for Windows XP, and then install the No CD Crack?  If so, try reinstalling the game, downloading the no cd patch from lbahq, running the no cd patch automatic install, and then try running the game.  If this doesn't help, please let me know, and I will investigate your issue further. 

Let me know.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:29:53 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Attila

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:08:29 am »

Hi, earnolmartin. Thanks.

I've tried to do what you said, but it didn't work. It happens the same thing. My LBA2 was downloaded from Abandonware France, but I guess it's the same as the one you have here. Anyway, if you think that I must download your Full Game, let me know.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:53:51 pm »

Yes, try downloading the full game from LBAHQ.  Our version is an actual image I created and uploaded.  I've successfully had no issues with this one, as it came from my CD lol.

Let me know, and good luck!

Attila

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 01:49:51 pm »

Hi.

It didn't work, damn! Cry

I downloaded, installed and ran the no cd patch = same problem as before.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 10:59:11 pm »

Hmmm... That is so weird.  Could you tell me what programs are running the background on your comp?  Also,   if the game goes back to windows, it could mean that you did not install the No Cd Crack properly.  Are your sure you followed all of the steps in the readme.txt? 

I will help you solve this issue!  Let me know!   Grin

Attila

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 08:36:50 am »

Hi.

I installed correctly the nocd crack (opened the autoinstall.exe and installed it on the same folder as Little Big Adventure 2). The game crashes when is about to appear that white image saying "Adeline Software International", i think...

I didn't understand very well the first question... but I guess you asked what programs are normally running when I start running LBA: only Kaspersky 6.0.

Do I have to download the videos and musics?

Thanks for the help.  Wink

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:02:58 pm »

When you install the game, is there an option to keep the video and music files on the hard drive?  If so, choose that option.  Check and see if your LBA 2 directory contains the Video and Music folders.  If it doesn't you do need to download the Video and Music folders from LBA HQ, or you have to move them from the game image.  Since you ran the no CD crack automatic installation, did you read the agreement before continuing?  Basically, it gave you instructions on what you had to do. 

Let me know, and hopefully this helps.   Grin

Attila

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 06:47:06 pm »

Now we're talking  Grin

It's working! Thanks a lot  Wink Wink

But sometimes the voices are wrong: Twinsen says "Hello" and the other character answers something different, what you hear is Twinsen saying "Hello" all the time... Sad

Do you know how to solve the problem?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:02:41 pm by Attila » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:52:03 pm »

I believe that Twinsen is supposed to say Hello to everyone.  His conversations should change as you progress through stages in the game such as gaining levels in magic as well as solving puzzles and just moving through the game.  I played the game in French because the French voices are so much better than the English ones.  The most emphasis is placed in the French voices because after all, the developer is French. 

I speak and read French, so it is no bother to me.  You could always use French voices and have English text so you could understand. 

Glad it's working!   Tongue  Grin Wink

Attila

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:06 am »

Hi.

Maybe you didn't understand what I said.

Twinsen: Hello.
Someone: Oh it's you, hi

the text is right...but when the other character speaks, what you hear is only twinsen saying "hello, hello, hello" instead of the other character saying "Oh it's you, hi"

In Desert Island, the car doesn't steer, the voices don't work. Huh
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 03:54:37 pm »

Um, which image are you using?  Also, I tested the image, and I didn't have any problems  Embarrassed

Could you maybe post a screenshot?

samillence

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 08:25:20 pm »

Hi.

Maybe you didn't understand what I said.

Twinsen: Hello.
Someone: Oh it's you, hi

the text is right...but when the other character speaks, what you hear is only twinsen saying "hello, hello, hello" instead of the other character saying "Oh it's you, hi"

In Desert Island, the car doesn't steer, the voices don't work. ??

I get the exactly the same thing when Twinsen keep repeating hello  and I downloded the image file at little big adventure HQ website.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 10:12:47 am »

Hm... Could be.  The only image I created was LBA 1 because that's the only one I officially had. 

I will investigate this issue, and for the time being, I will release my other copy of LBA 2 which isn't an image, but the entire game works, all the audio files are there, and the video is full.  It's basically going to be a zip which all you have to do is extract and run.

The Zip will contain LBA 2 Full.exe  Run that, and the files will automatically be extracted, and the game should work 100%.  It will include patched versions of Twinsen.exe for Windows XP and unpatched versions which already include the NO CD Crack. 

All of this will happen... if I can find my copy... which is a good probability.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 10:40:06 am »

I found it!   Grin

I'm going to release a version with all of the video files and one without.  The one without the video works, and is much smaller for those of you who are using dialup, if any. 

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: