News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:46:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems Installing LBA2 - DirectX 3a?  (Read 5729 times)
ite

« on: March 15, 2010, 03:40:22 pm »

I have downloaded and followed your instructions, but when I try to install the game, I get the message "You need Directx 3a to play" (or similar phrase). I installed DiextX 9 or 10 which is the lastest version, but still get the same message. Tried searching for DirectX 3a, but cannot find a download that works.
Any suggestions? I really want to install and play LBA2, which I consider as one of the best games ever made.

Click Here For Solution
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:42:54 pm by earnolmartin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »

I have downloaded and followed your instructions, but when I want to start playing I get the message "You need Directx 3a to play" (or similar phrase). I installed DiextX 9 or 10 which is the lastest version, but still get the same message. Tried searching for DirectX 3a, but cannot find a download that works.
Any suggestions? I really want to play LBA2, which I consider as one of the best games ever made.

Yeah, all you need is DirectX 9 or 10, as it includes all the features of DX3.  I've never received this error, and it seems you are the first person to report this issue.  Have you install your video card drivers?  I doubt the game will work correctly without video drivers. 

Make sure you double check drivers, and what OS are you running?

ashes

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:38:58 pm »

I just downloaded LBA2 and I'm experiencing the same problem as ite.

The message that shows is the following;

"Microsoft DirectX 3a or greater was not detected on your system.

Twinsens oddyssey requires DirectX 3a drivers, which enhance the sound and graphics capabilities of your system. These drivers may not be compatible with some video cards and certain display modes.

DirectX 3a will be installed over your existing video card drivers and any previous versions of DirectX, after wich you may be instructed
to restart your computer.

If you do not want to install DirectX 3a or you believe that DirectX 3a is incompatible with your hardware, please click the cancel button to continue without installing DirectX 3a or click the exit button to exit.

FOr more information on DirectX 3a and answers to questions regarding your hardware's compability please click the help button below."

And from there you can click Technical Help (doesn't work, associated with an older Windows version), Exit, Cancel (closes the whole game, does not continue as the instructions say) or Install DirectX (when clicking this a window appears that says that if I have questions or need info about DirectX, call this n that number. I click OK (or "install DirectX"..enyways) -> new window pops up that tells me to insert the CD into my CDrom. Only options are OK or Cancel, OK does nothing, just the same window reapperaring, Cancel exits the whole game).

I am using Windows Vista, and running the game with the Daemon tool. I tried installing DirectX 9 and restarting computer but it didn't help.

Do you have any idea what to do?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »

Ah, now I understand.  This is stated in a couple of other threads.

When you are finished with the installation and it prompts you to install DirectX 3 click on the "Cancel" button...

ashes

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:31:24 am »

So strange, yesterday when I clicked "Cancel" the game just shut down, but now it installed and I'm playing it! So happyyyyyyyyy Cheesy Thank you so so so much for the game! And the help Smiley

Linda
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: