News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:52:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help in game  (Read 6976 times)
Quite DrunkOn-Gin

« on: March 01, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

hey guys i only got my account here approved yesterday so let me just say very nice site! seeing it made me have to play the lba2 again but i decided to play 1 first because i never have new horizons and all that.

So basicly the games working fine but im currently stuck in the temple of bu on white leaf island. I have found the statue in the first part of the temple and gotten it onto the lift. I used the second switch to get it to the mid way point but i can't see how i'm suposed to get back to the first switch. I have tryed looking at lba faq's and guides but all anyone says is jump back over the wall so i must be being rather stupid i have tryed jumping on all the walls and i can't find the right place.

I have taken a screen shot to try and jog your memorys the statue in question is above Twinsen on the lift and the switch i need to get to is the white dot below twinsen. if anyone can help me i'll need a pretty detailed description i think because i have tryed everything i can see unless i have missed something. Or please feel free to draw an arrow onto the screen shot and repost it to show me where.

thanks in advance guys i feel im in safe hands here i have already read alot on these forums so i know you lot know your lba's  Grin

(edit) sorry i had to make the screen shot a zip file because i can't post word documents here but im sure your all familier with how to use them. (edit)

* STUCK.zip (426.92 KB - downloaded 489 times.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:24:26 pm by Quite DrunkOn-Gin » Logged
Quite DrunkOn-Gin

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:03:26 pm »

ignore this post i managed to find the right wall to jump onto thanks to a youtube video.

I also found out you don't even need to bother with the statue. If anyone has trouble with this bit or want to save time make sure you buy the mecapenguin before you go to the temple of bu.

When you jump over the 4 platforms after entering you will see 4 goblet looking objects on the ground and a square in the middle where you're suposed to push the statue to. Just save you're game direct the penguin so he will walk onto the square and run through the gate when he presses the button if you don't make it load and try again big time saver.

i should have rememberd this tactic from lba2 but oh well goodluck guys!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:14:38 pm »

Glad you figured it out.  I was going to suggest a few things, but I couldn't open your screenshot.  Can you please re-attach your screenshot as a jpg image file with the solution even though you already figured it out?  It might help other people.  Thanks!

Quite DrunkOn-Gin

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

no idea why you wouldn't be able to open it but i did have to paste the screen shot onto wordprocessor. long story short im playing an emulation at the moment because i can't seem to get the other versions working. anyways this means theres no screen shot folder so i have to put the image onto something maybe thats why.

this time i put them on paint as everyone has that i hope people will be able to view it now.

paint file "the conundrum"=the problem at hand.
"jump route" and "jump final"= the solution part's 1 and 2

let me know if you can view these and i hope it comes in handy for someone else.

(edit)it's important to start the jump from where twinsen is on the "jump route" picture because you need to get ontop of the first wall to make it over the hall way and onto the other wall.

also each arrow= 1 jump(edit)

* the conundrum.jpg (128.46 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1012 times.)

* jump route.jpg (117.51 KB, 1024x690 - viewed 1019 times.)

* jump final.jpg (132.87 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1010 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:06:04 pm by Quite DrunkOn-Gin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:39 pm »

Thanks.  Yes, I called this part of the game "The Skeleton Part" when I was a kid.  It's the hardest part of the game IMO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: