News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 11:40:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved] LBA 2 Exits To Desktop  (Read 7460 times)
PcGamingRig

« on: February 08, 2010, 09:26:33 am »

Hi, Im running vista 32 bit when i click on the shortcut to play the game the screen goes black and then goes back to the desktop and nothing else happens i've tried compatibility modes but that doesn't help, any ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:51:01 pm by earnolmartin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:53:13 pm »

Is the CD in the drive?  It needs the CD to work...   Wink

PcGamingRig

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:52:10 pm »

Is the CD in the drive?  It needs the CD to work...   Wink
yeh cd was in but never mind got it working using dosbox now Cheesy
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »

That's weird.  I've never had this issue.  It always works for me.  Just pop in the CD, double click the shortcut, and bam it's working. 

But I'm glad you got it working.

mayr

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:59 am »

hello, my LBA2 is with same problem... the shortcut exists in my desktop but when i click the screen comes black and after return to desktops screen.. what can i do to slove this problem ??  u use the dos box right... cant u explain to me how can i do this to run the game? i becaming crazy i need to play LBA2!!! hahahaha !!   thanks!!! Cheesy
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »

hello, my LBA2 is with same problem... the shortcut exists in my desktop but when i click the screen comes black and after return to desktops screen.. what can i do to slove this problem ??  u use the dos box right... cant u explain to me how can i do this to run the game? i becaming crazy i need to play LBA2!!! hahahaha !!   thanks!!! Cheesy

What operating system are you using, and what program did you use to burn the disc?

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »

Oh, I read the ReadMe, and it says:

IF YOU ARE RUNNING VISTA, YOU CANNOT USE THE NO CD PATCH.  IT WILL CRASH THE GAME AS SOON AS IT STARTS!

The same applies to Windows 7, as it uses the Vista core. 

That's probably what your issues were.   Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: