News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 02:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Big Adventure 1 - Experience the Game!  (Read 33742 times)
Heartnet

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 12:52:34 pm »

this is the error that comes up when i try to install it C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 01:07:57 pm »

Did you install the game properly?  After you installed LBA 1, did you run the XP patch?  You can download it at the downloads page.  If you don't run the patch, it will not work in XP...

Let me know if that fixes your issues.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 01:08:21 pm »

I can make an automatic patch install exe for you if you can't figure it out.

Heartnet

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 01:22:17 pm »

is the no cd patch up for lba 1??? well im trying to get lba 2 to work but it wont even let me begin to install it
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:29 pm »

There is a no cd patch for LBA 1, but we don't have it yet.  I'm trying to get it from someone.

Did you burn the LBA 2 iso to a CD and run the setup?  What's the error you get when trying to run it?

Heartnet

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »

im not exactly what an iso is??? which file would that be???
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 08:46:50 pm »

Ok, the file you downloaded was called Little Big Adventure 2.iso - An iso is an image (copy of the exact CD) intended to be burned on a blank CD.  WinRar can open iso files.  However, they are really meant to be burned on a blank CD using Nero, Alcohol, or another burning program.  If you don't have a burn utility program that can burn an image to a disc, let me know, and I'll post a link to a free one.

Or, you could use a virtual drive if you don't have an internal IDE CD Burner Drive or blank disc.  Let me know.

SanBlackDragon

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 08:42:14 am »

At Last Yesterday I Launched to LBA1 and I started to play A game Grin but Unfortuntly I Have a new Problem, I tried Many times Saved a game but I Didn't it Huh Can you Help me to How save a game ,please Sad   
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 11:28:52 am »

Little Big Adventure 1 automatically saves itself.  When you clear an area and it loads another area it saves automatically.  Thus, once you escape the prison in the beginning, it automatically saves.

Hope that helps!

SanBlackDragon

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 02:42:43 pm »

Thank you for Your Help, Yes It automatically Saves itself , I Tried it and I was Successfull. I am in Princibal Island and I am so Happy Cheesy
Thanks For Everthing Again Grin
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 06:58:54 pm »

You're welcome!  I'm glad you all enjoy it.  Please let me know if you encounter any more problems or issues.

KezOle

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 10:34:37 pm »

Ahh, the first one is awesome Grin
I have an issue with it though, sound.
I have tried every different Sound Blaster option and the Wave blaster one, but i can't get it to run with sound.
I have fixed this by running it in DosBox, but then it is slow, even when i max out the CPU cycles.
When i run it through DosBox i use the Wave Blaster option, but if i use that and try to run the Windows Patch version, it crashes before it plays the Adeline intro.

Anyway it works well enough in DosBox, just a bit jerky at times. I dont think that there is anything that can be done to help - its just my sound cards problem, but i just felt like telling you guys about it anyway.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:36:54 pm by KezOle » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 02:07:50 am »

Ahh, the first one is awesome Grin
I have an issue with it though, sound.
I have tried every different Sound Blaster option and the Wave blaster one, but i can't get it to run with sound.
I have fixed this by running it in DosBox, but then it is slow, even when i max out the CPU cycles.
When i run it through DosBox i use the Wave Blaster option, but if i use that and try to run the Windows Patch version, it crashes before it plays the Adeline intro.

Anyway it works well enough in DosBox, just a bit jerky at times. I dont think that there is anything that can be done to help - its just my sound cards problem, but i just felt like telling you guys about it anyway.

Did you install the Windows XP patch?  If so, you can find your sound in C:\Windows\system32\AUTOEXEC.NT - Just open that file with notepad and scroll all the way down.  Find the line that says SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

A = Address
I = IRQ
D = DMA Channel
P = Specifies the MPU-401 base I/O port
T = Specifies the type of sound blaster card

• 1 - Sound Blaster 1.5
  • 2 - Sound Blaster Pro I
  • 3 - Sound Blaster 2.0
  • 4 - Sound Blaster Pro II
  • 6 - SOund Blaster 16/AWE 32/32/64

Set LBA to use this setting as the voice.  For music, run something similar like Sound Blaster Pro 2 with the same address.  Let me know if that works.

KezOle

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 02:06:03 am »

Okay, i kind of lied in my previous post, i can get it with sound FX, I just can't run it with music, and yeah i did try Sound Blaster PRO 2 and it didn't work. Yeah i do follow the AUTOEXEC.nt settings.
My voices don't work either. The voices in the first 2 or 3 scenes are fine but everyone else i talk to causes it to crash. I looked in the VOX folder just after re-patching and it only contained one of the VOX files that are on the CD. I tried to manually copy the VOX files but it wouldn't work, it would just say "Cannot copy EN_000, the parameter is incorrect". I fixed this by just turning voices off, and having the music off as well takes a lot from the game. Sad
I have decided to use the LBAWIN without dosbox, because voices dont work in dosbox either so it doesn't have much of an advantage, and it is so much smoother without dosbox so yeah...
Anyway, its still cool, a lot harder than the first one i think, its much more easier to die, but its still LBA so i love it  Cheesy
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 02:46:47 pm »

Anyone else having these problems?   Huh

When you install it, you have to select the option that tells it to keep voice files on the hard drive.  I forgot to tell you that Windows XP doesn't support the method LBA uses to gather the voice files.

No wonder it's not working.  If you reinstall it with that option checked, it should work.

That should solve your problem... if it doesn't keep posting, and I'll help you out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: