News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:48:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 Compatible?  (Read 9009 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« on: November 19, 2009, 06:58:20 pm »

I don't seem to have any need to Windows 7, and I don't think I'll ever use it.

However, for those of you who are using Windows 7, do our custom versions of LBA 1 and LBA 2 work flawlessly on Windows 7?  I'd imagine our versions would be Windows 7 compatible since they work on Vista x64 and x86.

Please let me know if they are Windows 7 compatible... I won't be trying it anytime soon.  I love my XP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:14:39 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:08:30 pm »

Lol, same here. XP ftw.

I hated it when i lost my computer for like 3 months and had to use stoopid vista...

Microsoft is so retarded, why would you make something, then expect everyone to re-adapt to a new thingo every couple of years.

Gah...so thoughtless.

xbotnk

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 07:28:32 pm »

It works just fine on Windows 7. Thank you for fixing it for modern Windows versions.

Now, have you guys actually read that article? It doesn't have any backdoors or annoying DRM features... Just read ALL of the article...

As is so often the case with this kind of story, the truth is more prosaic. The most likely reason that Photoshop broke is that either the crack didn't work or was the wrong version. Windows doesn't actually know what Photoshop is—it's just another application, no different from any other—and the operating system certainly doesn't contain special programming to detect and destroy Photoshop cracks.

Nor, for that matter, did Windows 7 magically open up the firewall. The Photoshop installer did that. And it only had permission to do that because the person installing the software gave it Administrator privileges so that it had access to the firewall configuration.

All these Vista DRM features are found in Windows 7. But just as with Vista before it, the vast majority of users will never see the DRM in any practical sense; the features are there just in case Hollywood decides to make use of them. The overblown, unrealistic, and just plain made up horrors of DRM in Windows Vista never came to pass (in spite of the huge publicity that the Gutmann diatribe received), and so it will be with Windows 7.

When it comes to bashing Microsoft, it seems that any old canard will do; facts are strictly optional.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:11:40 pm »

Yeah, the truth is out there, but most of the time, it's difficult to find.  I don't know, but personally, I still have no need to upgrade, as I love Windows XP x64.

Thanks for letting me know it works with Windows 7  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: