News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 10:58:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved - PowerISO Issue] INSERT CD problem  (Read 10085 times)
youngwind

« on: October 31, 2009, 12:48:16 pm »

Hello,

I'm just another fan of LBA here. I played this game something about 7 years ago on Win 98 and this is the best that I have ever played, I think. I wanted to play again after so long and I was trying to run LBA 2 on Vista today. There is a serious problem, though, and I have no idea how to fix it. I downloaded all files from LBAHQ. I used MagicISO to make a virtual CD-ROM. Everything was all right at first; I run the autoplay and I saw the installation menu. When I clicked "Install" button, I saw the notice about DirectX 3a. OK then, I clicked "install Directx", 'cause there was nothing like "skip" or something (on Vista I've got the newest version of DirectX so I would be better if I would just skip an old directX installation). After that, I saw the info like "Please insert CD with LBA 2. Click OK when ready". And now I'm a bit confused. Could this be a problem with MagicISO and I NEED to use Daemon Tools or I've done something wrong? Maybe I would be better if I burn it? I can't even install the game. I'm running Vista 64 bit. Thanks for any help in advance. It mean a lot.

Ola  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:52:01 pm by earnolmartin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 06:53:31 pm »

Hello,

I'm just another fan of LBA here. I played this game something about 7 years ago on Win 98 and this is the best that I have ever played, I think. I wanted to play again after so long and I was trying to run LBA 2 on Vista today. There is a serious problem, though, and I have no idea how to fix it. I downloaded all files from LBAHQ. I used MagicISO to make a virtual CD-ROM. Everything was all right at first; I run the autoplay and I saw the installation menu. When I clicked "Install" button, I saw the notice about DirectX 3a. OK then, I clicked "install Directx", 'cause there was nothing like "skip" or something (on Vista I've got the newest version of DirectX so I would be better if I would just skip an old directX installation). After that, I saw the info like "Please insert CD with LBA 2. Click OK when ready". And now I'm a bit confused. Could this be a problem with MagicISO and I NEED to use Daemon Tools or I've done something wrong? Maybe I would be better if I burn it? I can't even install the game. I'm running Vista 64 bit. Thanks for any help in advance. It mean a lot.

Ola 

Try burning a CD to see if that fixes your problem.  You can click on "Cancel" when being prompted to install DirectX to skip this step, and it will not mess up the installation.

Let me know what happens.   Grin

youngwind

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:50:39 am »

Hi, Earnolmartin Smiley

I clicked "Cancel" but the installation stopped and nothing happened after that. I will try to burn it (I have to finy any blank CD at home Cheesy). I will let you know then again. Thanks so much!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:00:15 am »

Hi, Earnolmartin Smiley

I clicked "Cancel" but the installation stopped and nothing happened after that. I will try to burn it (I have to finy any blank CD at home Cheesy). I will let you know then again. Thanks so much!

That doesn't sound right.  When it prompts you to install DirectX 3.0, clicking cancel should skip this step and launch the installer.

Yes, please let me know.

youngwind

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »

Yay! It works! Tralalala Cheesy I don't know how it happened, but I clicked the "Cancel" button again, just in case, and the installation continued Smiley I ran it on Vista without any problems. I don't have a sound yet, but I think I must copy everything to destination folder. Hope it's gonna work Smiley

youngwind

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:39 pm »

OK, everything's great now. I've got the sound and the game seems to work fine Smiley Thank you so much again.

Cheers Smiley
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 06:30:02 pm »

OK, everything's great now. I've got the sound and the game seems to work fine Smiley Thank you so much again.

Cheers Smiley

Glad it's working!

phildaman46

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:16:37 pm »

I'm having a problem playing the custom version of LBA2 on disc. The game keeps asking for the disc when it is in the drive. Do I have to use the no-cd crack to run the game? Is there a way to play this game in dosbox? I get the "Insert CD" message in dosbox also. I tried a no-cd crack for dosbox, but it doesn't work.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:50:07 am »

I'm having a problem playing the custom version of LBA2 on disc. The game keeps asking for the disc when it is in the drive. Do I have to use the no-cd crack to run the game? Is there a way to play this game in dosbox? I get the "Insert CD" message in dosbox also. I tried a no-cd crack for dosbox, but it doesn't work.

No, you shouldn't use the No CD patch.  Make sure you have burned an actual CD and not mounted the image.  If that doesn't help or solve your problem, I will be running some checks this weekend.

phildaman46

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:54:47 am »

I have burned the image on cd twice, but it still asks for the disc.

Edit: I downloaded a trial version of Nero 9 and burned a new CD. It now works fine. I guess the software I used doesn't support nrg format very well, even though it can open and burn the image.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:15:17 pm by phildaman46 » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 11:43:49 pm »

I have burned the image on cd twice, but it still asks for the disc.

Edit: I downloaded a trial version of Nero 9 and burned a new CD. It now works fine. I guess the software I used doesn't support nrg format very well, even though it can open and burn the image.

Odd.  What software were you using?  The images were actually created using UltraISO. 

I'm glad you got it working though Wink

phildaman46

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 01:53:06 pm »

I was using PowerISO. It can open and burn nrg images, but can't create them.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:58:38 pm »

I was using PowerISO. It can open and burn nrg images, but can't create them.

Thanks for the info.  I'd recommend using Alcohol 120%, Nero 9, or UltraISO to burn these images.  Other programs may work, but they may not be supported.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: