News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:45:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii...Why does everyone bag the damn thing?  (Read 26380 times)
Rumo
Ownage Member

« on: September 08, 2009, 06:13:39 pm »

I myself have a wii, but if you look at lots of comments about it people say they suck etc. Angry Angry Angry

I can't really see the problem cause i have quite a few games that are all good and about a quarter are mature games not
'family fun'. Undecided

Sure the graphics suck a wii (hehe) bit but look at The Conduit - Awesome graphics. Cool

Anyways, why does everyone bag it? Huh
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:35 pm »

I myself have a wii, but if you look at lots of comments about it people say they suck etc. Angry Angry Angry

I can't really see the problem cause i have quite a few games that are all good and about a quarter are mature games not
'family fun'. Undecided

Sure the graphics suck a wii (hehe) bit but look at The Conduit - Awesome graphics. Cool

Anyways, why does everyone bag it? Huh

Not sure.  I too have a Wii.  The Wii is something different.  It's not supposed to play FPS shooters in high detail.  I'm more after the Mario, Paper Mario, Wii Sports, and other games like that.  People bag the Wii because they want to play the games that Microsoft releases.  They find the Wii entertaining for a while, but they quickly become bored.  Also, there aren't too many "great" games out there for the Wii... 

Nintendo's fault for not releasing some better games.  3rd parties haven't done too much with the Wii either.  Hopefully, the Wii 2 or Nintendo's next system will have HD 1080p graphics with the wiimotes and better games.  That would crush everyone else in my opinion. 

Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 12:49:05 am »

Well with your statement on FPS's i find them quite great...Realisitic, cuase your pointing something like a gun at the screen.

As i said in the first post, The Conduit (which is an FPS) has graphics that almost match a 360.

About the Wii 2, i'm pretty sure it might have HD.

And the Motion Plus kicks butt, especially with sports games...

Hmm...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »

Yeah, the Xbox 360 is nothing special.  The graphics are terrible on Halo 3, and yet I have a roommate that claims that the Xbox 360 is better than my Core i7 computer with a GTX 260 video card.  ROFL.

He couldn't be more wrong.  Yes, the Wii still competes with the consoles, and I like mine! 

Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:07:50 pm »

i see what you mean by everyone wanting to play the games Microsoft release, but Nintendo is kinda unlucky 'cause for example Halo is copyrighted by Microsoft (I think) and all nintendo has is Metroid, NMH, Mario, which are all hard to make mature games with...

What i can't wait till is the Wii 2 with The Conduit 2...That will OWN any stupid Microsft crap (although i do enjoy Halo Tongue).

An your roommate...i have no idea what those specs on your computer mean but they sound like quite the thing.

In my opinion Nintendo needs to cut the crap and start coming up with some mature titles that 1. work for the wii and 2. have decent graphics like The Conduit.

Yeh anyways...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:33:13 pm »

I agree.  If Nintendo were to take a hardware approach along with a creativity approach through utilizing the Wiimote further, Nintendo would smash the competition.

We'll see what they do next, and I'll be for sure posting the specs of the Wii 2 (or w/e Nintendo's next gaming console is called) when they are officially confirmed.

Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:05:54 am »

Hmm.

Well let us change the topic a bit Cheesy

Ima gonna list all my games in order of AWSUMNEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOLZ

1.The Conduit, TW 10, WSR, Zelda, Brawl.
2.Skate It, COD 5, Geometry Wars, MKW.
3.HoTD 2 & 3 Returns, Excite Truck, M&S Olympic Games.
4.Wii sports, wii fit (only cause it's not neccasarily fun, just, you know Tongue)
Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 03:33:42 am »

Have you played Geometry Wars?

It's so Brain Frying...And only $20!

Well yeah its cool...
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:41:12 am »

Not yet.  I've been mostly playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault in a clan on my PC.  Fun fun fun game.  #1 game ever for online multiplayer as a first person shooter.  I've been playing this game for over five years now.   Shocked

Rumo
Ownage Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:39:12 pm »

Wow 5 years....

Wouldn't it get repetitive?

I ams scared...lol
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 06:58:01 pm »

Wow 5 years....

Wouldn't it get repetitive?