News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 04:06:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound issues  (Read 8720 times)
Harlequin

« on: July 20, 2009, 01:47:45 pm »

I downloaded your version of LBA2 the other day and started playing it this afternoon. Well done to you, and thank you so much for putting it up for download.
I have one issue with it though: the sound isn't working properly. The game loads up, and the sound works well for a couple of minutes, but then it just sounds like static, like you get on a telephone reciever or something, and nothing i do changes it. Any suggestions for what I should do? Apart from that the game is fine.
It said on the download page at lbahq that it was already patched, so I haven't tried that.

*UPDATE*

Turns out its not just the sound of the game thats a problem. I tried playing my music on windows media player behind the game and turning all game noises off. As with the game sounds, my music worked for about a minute before turning to static noise. I [Alt][Tab]'d the game and had a look at my media player to see if there was a problem there, and it said for every song i double clicked that it could not be played, it had encountered a problem and i should look online for a solution. Any ideas what the problem could be?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:51:35 pm by Harlequin » Logged
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:55 am »

*UPDATE*

Turns out its not just the sound of the game thats a problem. I tried playing my music on windows media player behind the game and turning all game noises off. As with the game sounds, my music worked for about a minute before turning to static noise. I [Alt][Tab]'d the game and had a look at my media player to see if there was a problem there, and it said for every song i double clicked that it could not be played, it had encountered a problem and i should look online for a solution. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Sounds like a driver related issue.  What is the make and model of your computer / laptop?  What operating system are you using?  Please provide that information, and I will be able to assist you further. 

Harlequin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:13:04 pm »

I'm using Vista, 32-bit.
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5720.
Everything is as it was when i bought it, driver-wise, i haven't changed anything.
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:32:45 pm »

I'm using Vista, 32-bit.
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5720.
Everything is as it was when i bought it, driver-wise, i haven't changed anything.

Can you find out what kind of sound drivers your laptop uses?  Apparently, there are two options in that model. 

Go to Start (click the orb), Control Panel, and look for something that says Realtek.  If it's realtek, go to Programs and Features (also in the control panel).  Find Realtek audio drivers, uninstall, and then download the latest realtek audio drivers from:

http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=25&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&CountryISOCtxParam=US&ctx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012

Make sure you also flash the laptop's bios with an updated bios which you can also find on the link above.

Let me know.   Grin

gauss

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:24:13 pm »

I have sound issues as well. Exactly the same as described here; works for a few seconds and suddenly stops.

I have a Dell XPS 420, and according to the specs I got with my computer, the sound card is an ADI 198x Integrated Audio.  I tried installing the latest driver available on the dell website, but it did not change anything.

I'm under windows Vista.

Any suggestion to solve to problem?
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:49:00 pm »

I have sound issues as well. Exactly the same as described here; works for a few seconds and suddenly stops.

I have a Dell XPS 420, and according to the specs I got with my computer, the sound card is an ADI 198x Integrated Audio.  I tried installing the latest driver available on the dell website, but it did not change anything.

I'm under windows Vista.

Any suggestion to solve to problem?

There's not much I can do to help you guys out.  Just make sure all of the drivers and downloads that are listed on your laptop's support page are installed on your computer.  Also, be sure to check for bios updates, and flash your bios when there are updates that you can download.  Have you installed Windows Vista SP2?

Let me know.

gauss

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:32 pm »

I have service pack 2 and I checked every update I could find.. (mine is not a laptop by he way).

I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy LBA2 again Sad Could it be because of vista? Did other people successfully made it run on Vista SP2?

It's really frustrating that it does work, but it just does not last!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:38 am »

I have service pack 2 and I checked every update I could find.. (mine is not a laptop by he way).

I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy LBA2 again Sad Could it be because of vista? Did other people successfully made it run on Vista SP2?

It's really frustrating that it does work, but it just does not last!

A lot of people have been posting about it.  I'm pretty sure it worked for me.  I'll check it again though to see if these issues also happen to me.  Stupid Vista.... ruined everything just like Windows 7 will continue to do.

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »

A new version has been released:

http://forums.videogames101.net/index.php?topic=64.0

Should hopefully address a couple of your issues.  Please also read this updated thread:

http://forums.videogames101.net/index.php?topic=101.0

gauss

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »

Thank you very much for your time. This new version solved the sound problem. It works now; there is still a few glitches during the speeches, but it's not too annoying.

I noticed another little bug with this new version. Sometimes, randomly, the screen colors becomes all messed up, with purple and weird colors everywhere. But as soon as I push "ctrl", everything comes back to normal. It does it pretty often, maybe every 2-3 minutes.

Anyway, the game is playable now that there is sound!  Thank you again!
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 01:14:45 am »

Thank you very much for your time. This new version solved the sound problem. It works now; there is still a few glitches during the speeches, but it's not too annoying.

I noticed another little bug with this new version. Sometimes, randomly, the screen colors becomes all messed up, with purple and weird colors everywhere. But as soon as I push "ctrl", everything comes back to normal. It does it pretty often, maybe every 2-3 minutes.

Anyway, the game is playable now that there is sound!  Thank you again!

Thanks for letting us know the sound issue is fixed.

As for the video issues, this sounds like a video driver issue.  I haven't seen this issue, and I've tested it on four machines.  Please download newest drivers.  If that doesn't work, submit a support ticket with your manufacturer, as sadly, there is nothing more I can do to help you.  

Happy LBAing! Grin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:18:19 am by earnolmartin » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: