News: 1/18/12 - Darci Stern's Urban Chaos for PC, a 1999 game created by MuckyFoot, is back and better than ever!  Check out Urban Chaos HQ

We Be HostiN (http://www.webehostin.com) hosts dedicated game servers for less!  We Be HostiN can host any games that have dedicated server files.  Our servers are located in Houston, Texas (Linux Server) and Kansas City, Missouri (Windows Server)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:38:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Vista Compatibility Guide :: LBA 1 and LBA 2 Guide  (Read 28229 times)
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« on: July 17, 2009, 03:11:52 pm »

Little Big Adventure Vista Compatibility Guide

The following is a guide intended to help players run both LBAHQ's custom Little Big Adventure 1 and Little Big Adventure 2 games under Windows Vista and Windows 7 successfully.  Both Windows 7 and Vista x64 64-bit and Windows 7 and Vista x86 32-bit are compatible with both LBA games.  For optimizations for each version, please refer to the rest of the post.

Really, all you need to run LBA 1 and 2 under Vista is SP2, proper chipset drivers, the latest and newest video card drivers, sound drivers, and any other drivers posted on the manufacturer's website for your computer!

Little Big Adventure 1

For all of you using Vista, I've had no problems running our custom versions of Little Big Adventure 1 under LbaWin or DosBox in Vista x64 or Vista x86.

For all of you using Windows 7, I've had no problems running our custom versions of Little Big Adventure 1 under DosBox in Windows 7 x64 or Windows 7 x86.  However, I have had color issues when running the LbaWin port under Windows 7.  If you're having color issues under Windows 7 or Vista running LbaWin, check out this guide.

However, here's what you should do if you are having problems running LBA under Vista.

That's it really.  It works under LbaWin and DosBox.  We advise you use the latest version of DosBox which you can download here.

In either case, LbaWin and DosBox are included in our custom release, so please do not try to install any additional programs or mods that will interfere with our installation.

Little Big Adventure 2

For all of you using Vista and Windows 7, I've had no problems running our custom version of Little Big Adventure 2 by double clicking on the Little Big Adventure 2 desktop shortcut that is created after the installation of our custom version.  Really, it's that easy.  It works out of the box on Windows 7 x64 & x86 and Windows Vista SP2 x64 and x86.

If you run the NO CD crack, you have to copy your music and video folders from the CD over to your LBA 2 folder before running the game; else, it will crash back to the desktop immediately.  Or, you can download the music and video folder by itself at LBAHQ...

I tested and tested this version on my laptops and desktops running Vista and XP. The car bug is fixed; at least, it should be.  I haven't experienced the car bug ever.... fresh install on each of my computers and laptops.

If your audio / music stops working under Vista, there is a fix.  Option 1:  Download the newest release that was released 9/20/2009 and reinstall the game.  Option 2:  Download the sound fix found at LBAHQ.  Then extract ONLY MSS32.dll to your LBA 2 directory.  DINPUT.DLL DOES NOT FIX THE CAR!  The car is working already.

However, here's what you should do if you are having problems running Little Big Adventure 2 under Vista

Here's what you should never do!

• NEVER run LBA 2 under DosBox!  There's no reason, and it won't provide a real experience of the game!
  • DO NOT run LBA 2 under command prompt in Windows Vista

Really, that's all it takes to run Little Big Adventure 2 in Windows x64 and x86.  Install SP2 for Vista, install LBA 2 using our custom version, and double click on the desktop shortcut

Grin Wink
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:30:48 pm by earnolmartin » Logged

Skirmant
Ownage Member

Ignorance is bliss.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:30:57 am »

Wow... Good work! This is a very helpful guide Tongue 
earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:40:36 pm »

Wow... Good work! This is a very helpful guide Tongue 

You wouldn't believe the number of emails I've received with people asking me if it works on Vista.  Finally, the answer is YES!   Grin

lol!  I'm hoping it will have no problems with Windows 7...   Grin

Too many windows to take care of!

earnolmartin
Administrator
Ownage Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:59:56 pm »

Updated today for new release information...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: